Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I snuck in without introducing myself...

MrDave

Hey fellow LPF members.

Some of you I've already been talking to in PM's, but for the rest my name is David ( how many does that make?) and I live in Algona, Washington USA.

I have my current lasers in my sig. Not to mention I have RIP lasers and parts I keep around for experimentation.
I have worked in the Video presentation field for over 20 years. Currently I am working as a licensed Journeyman Low Voltage Data, Security, Telecom and Control Electrician.

I have a very good understanding of electronics and have worked on and repaired some of the worlds most expensive video projection systems. Not to mention installed many coorporate and residential theater systems across the USA.

Back in 1990 I worked for a company that invested in a laser project for displaying full motion video in a laser projector. This device ran 3 lasers, one red, one blue and one green, the television image was modulated into the laser beams, Mirrors on stepping motors scanned the modulated laser beam across the projection surface like an electron beam on the face of a CRT television vacuum tube. The beams basically were combined and then displayed on any flat or non flat surface. This multi-laser machine required 50 gallons per minute cold water to cool the laser system and 3 phase 220V at 50 amps to operate. It required a forklift to move it, and was 7 feet long by 2 1/2 feet wide and 4 feet tall. Not quite ready for residential home theaters - LOL
I'm not sure where the prototype is now but it was used by a band called Firehouse in an MTV Video and the Grateful dead took it on tour with them back in 1990 - 1991.

Anyhow, thats when my interest in lasers began.

So now that you know my Electronics background, you know a lot more about me than I've let on since I joined in April 2009.