Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I plan on making a laser, any good?

Well Jayden I am not sure that you can change the module over and secondly laserer does not seem to be a reliable site these days so I would be avoiding them.
My personal opinion would be to go to ebay and look up a green module from someone like Techood or there are others there which I have used but shipping even to AU is 3 to 4 weeks but is free. Then I would go to http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/made-lpf-support-your-fellow-laserists-first-83991.html. These are the local blokes and you should be able to pick up a C6 or 501b host starting at $20 that you can just drop that green straight into and you will have a much better laser. Just do a little research and you will end up with a much better product this way which will = Happy!

I see Shakenawake has given a link to some nice pens there which look like good value from a reputable company. Not sure on the new US Customs regulations are?

Last edited:
I see. did not see a location so didn't know, that makes sense then. good luck

Yeah I can't buy any of them because it's illegal in australia I can only import a 1mw laser BUT I can import parts for a large laser, as long as they don't find the finished product :)

You should add to your profile that you are from OZ. Makes it easier for people to help you!

Well Jayden I am not sure that you can change the module over and secondly laserer does not seem to be a reliable site these days so I would be avoiding them.
My personal opinion would be to go to ebay and look up a green module from someone like Techood or there are others there which I have used but shipping even to AU is 3 to 4 weeks but is free. Then I would go to http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/made-lpf-support-your-fellow-laserists-first-83991.html. These are the local blokes and you should be able to pick up a C6 or 501b host starting at $20 that you can just drop that green straight into and you will have a much better laser. Just do a little research and you will end up with a much better product this way which will = Happy!

I see Shakenawake has given a link to some nice pens there which look like good value from a reputable company. Not sure on the new US Customs regulations are?

Thank you.
I found this c6, is this the one?
DIY C6 Host Assembly

I reason I wanna just slip one in cos I don't have a solder or anything like that.
Have you got any links too a host? I'll have another look for a module.

That host will also need the Heat Sink sold there at $6.99. A 12mm green 532nm module with a spring on the bottom will go straight in with no soldering needed! Has allan screw to hold module in.

That host will also need the Heat Sink sold there at $6.99. A 12mm green 532nm module with a spring on the bottom will go straight in with no soldering needed! Has allan screw to hold module in.

Iv been looking and I can't find a heat sink, what website can I find one?
And does the heat sink go on the front of the module?

And the other thing is the BUTTON will the button line up my problem is the size and fitment.

Sorry for all of the questions :/ I'm new.

On the same page as the host. Scroll down and you will see a non anodised aluminium heat sink for $6.99. It will be easy you will also need a 18650 rechargeable battery and charger. ebay has both but stay away from the Ultrafire type brands they are dangerous. These are 3.7 volt batteries and these Diode modules run off of a single 18650. If you order your module and host now you will have plenty of time to read up on here about how to put it together which if you ever played with LEGO you should be able to put it together, really easy! Also you have plenty of time to read up on safety and also some of the stupid mistakes people have done! I can help you if you get stuck.

Last edited:
On the same page as the host. Scroll down and you will see a non anodised aluminium heat sink for $6.99. It will be easy you will also need a 18650 rechargeable battery and charger. ebay has both but stay away from the Ultrafire type brands they are dangerous. These are 3.7 volt batteries and these Diode modules run off of a single 18650. If you order your module and host now you will have plenty of time to read up on here about how to put it together which if you ever played with LEGO you should be able to put it together, really easy! Also you have plenty of time to read up on safety and also some of the stupid mistakes people have done! I can help you if you get stuck.

Ok so.. :wave:
Host:
DIY C6 Host Assembly
Heat sink
Unanodized Aluminum Heat Sink

Now all I need is the module, am I correct?

Thank you
I gotta go I'll talk later :)

You could do that, or you could just get an empty pen host from lilyelectronics or ebay. Just have to search "new wish laser host" or "unassembled new wish laser pen host". they are only a couple bucks

That heat sink is made for the C6 host and is not needed in the pen host that you are buying. The diode module you are getting is designed to run at a higher voltage than the 3V that your 2 x AAA will provide but I guess it will still work, might not run as bright? Module should just drop straight into that host. Don't forget the safety side, I hear learning to read Brail is not easy!

That heat sink is made for the C6 host and is not needed in the pen host that you are buying. The diode module you are getting is designed to run at a higher voltage than the 3V that your 2 x AAA will provide but I guess it will still work, might not run as bright? Module should just drop straight into that host. Don't forget the safety side, I hear learning to read Brail is not easy!

Cheers for replying
As long as it is a decent laser I'm happy :), plus if I ain't happy I can always buy the c6 and test that. One other thing, will I get see the beam with the 50mw or do I need MORE POWER?

:drool:

You will certainly see the beam in a dull lit room and most definitely at night. Do not forget that you cannot run them continuously, maybe a minute on and 30 sec off. If it gets to hot you will blow the diode!
Read the "Stickies" while you are waiting for your parts to arrive, You will have about a 3 week wait!