Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need your opinion on these 50mw

GOOGIE

Hey guys

This is my first post on this forum. My friend recently purchased a 20Mw Green laser from Dealextreme and it amazed me how a simple laser can be so awesome. Now i MUST have one! I don't know why...i can't explain :)

Anyway, I've been looking around for the best 50Mw Green laser i can get, not too expensive but not too cheap either. I came up with these:

--------------------
sku_1103_1.jpg

True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black from Dealextreme.
This one is the cheapest i found, but i am wondering, is it TOO cheap? Are they realy 50mw? Some people say that the quality is ok, others say that it's poor. My friend have a 20Mw from FX and the batteries are kinda shaky and loose, but it's not that bad...What do you think?

--------------------
200951722172323065b.jpg

50mW pocket Green laser torch from O-Like.
This one seems to be better than the first one, but the website doen't have reviews or comments. Do you guys know if it's reliable?

--------------------
200951623403196918b.jpg

50mw silver coating green laser from O-Like.
Same problem as the second, they do not have reviews on their website. Also, it seems to be smaller.

What kind do you guys prefer? Pen style or flashlight? If you know smillar laser that i could want, please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Do you live in the USA? Because DX does not ship laser above 5mw to the USA.

Also, I feel you. Right after i got my first 5mw i was stunned. It grew into an desire to have a more powerful and brighter laser. When I came across DX and found that they dont ship US I was dissapointed becasue they really do have extreme deals. Luckily I have a friend in Canada and I shiped to him, and he shiped to me. I bought 10 of the TRUE 50mW them for my friends for high school graduation. They where really fun and incredibly bright. One week later about half of them burnt out.

So I decided to buy from another site. I bought the exact laser thinking it may be just because its from DX. Nope, still has a very short lifespan.

bottumline, if it looks like the black ones DX sells, its probably going to burn out

Cheap yes. Powerful yes. Quality? NO

Heres a 50mw laser you should buy.

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

its a little better quality

you can order any laser from DX if you contact 2007revolution. he has a thread in the GB section or you can pm him directly.

GOOGIE

I live in Canada, my friend got his laser from DX last week, so shipping is not a problem :)

@SmurfTacular Does it burn? Balloon, black tape, matches?
Heres a 50mw laser you should buy.

Jaseth

50mW can usually pop a balloon but not really burn much unless you focus it with an exterior lens, but green lasers are best for their visibility. If you want high, cheap power which can burn a lot of stuff go for blu-ray (405nm) or red (650nm).
Burning stuff gets boring quite quickly IMO, so I mainly purchase lasers for their beauty. A 50mW greenie should satisfy your needs if you want a fascinating highly visible beam at night.

The "Green laser torch" from O-like would be a good choice. The pen type one from DX can also be purchased at www.ledshoppe.com/gl.htm

Seb

I live in Canada, my friend got his laser from DX last week, so shipping is not a problem :)

@SmurfTacular Does it burn? Balloon, black tape, matches?

havent tried. Burning without focusable lenses is frustrating. And with greens it just kills your eyes... If you want a burner then just buy this

High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) [E0648] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock

its a powerhouse of a laser. Its red, but it burns anything you put in front of it. And its $35.

50mW can usually pop a balloon but not really burn much unless you focus it with an exterior lens, but green lasers are best for their visibility. If you want high, cheap power which can burn a lot of stuff go for blu-ray (405nm) or red (650nm).
Burning stuff gets boring quite quickly IMO, so I mainly purchase lasers for their beauty. A 50mW greenie should satisfy your needs if you want a fascinating highly visible beam at night.

The "Green laser torch" from O-like would be a good choice. The pen type one from DX can also be purchased at www.ledshoppe.com/gl.htm

Seb

reds are cheaper by far. And with 50mW popping a balloon you have to give the laser alot of assists. Meaning you have to sharpie a portion of the balloon black in order to pop it. Otherwise its extremely difficult (especialy with a non-focusable)

And I totaly agreee, burning was mind boggling awesome... for a day... then it got old. Now its all about getting a more and more powerful green :)

bxbugs

I'm getting the 3rd 1 tommaro from o-like, ill take some pics and tell you if its good.