Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need someone to help me fix my laser.

Okay so basically I ordered a 200mw laser from O-like.com :/ The first time I turned it on (like an idiot) I switched the battery up to positive facing down. Apparently this short circuited my laser or what not.. But I have heard that O-like lasers now have reverse polarity protection? Anyway I know the battery is fine and the tail cap is functional because it would work sporadically after I "broke it." I believe the diode may not be completely useless and after the help of some other members on this forum we have come to believe that there is a contact or connection problem in the diode because I only had the battery switched for around 2-3 minutes (not with laser turned on combined). What I need is a member near me that can help me fix my laser for a price. I live about 30 minutes from fort worth and could probably push out to an hour away from my house (dallas area ish). I need a trustworthy member to help me fix this. I have heard nightmares of o-like claiming to want to send you a whole new one and then claiming to never receive the laser when you have tracking to prove it... Sooo I don't want to deal with all that crap... Anyone near me that would be willing to help out for money?:)

From all the questions I got from Susie at o-like, asking me about weather I put the battery in the wrong way, in a laser I got from them. That arrived not working.I tend to believe that they do not have reverse polarity protection in there lasers. At least the sharp model.

I would suspect since they are made by different manufacturers that some have reverse polarity protection and some don't.

I have heard nightmares of o-like claiming to want to send you a whole new one and then claiming to never receive the laser when you have tracking to prove it... Sooo I don't want to deal with all that crap... Anyone near me that would be willing to help out for money?:)

Where did you hear this? O-Like has a very good and functional customer support. Often they send new items before they even get the defects returned. You can always contact them and sort things out. Susy is very helpfull and always tries to satisfy the customers, and you can contact her right here on LPF. I would not have anybody fix it for you since that will void the warranty. Try to contact Susy and talk to her about it to begin with :beer: