Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need help with finding a power supply for this laser ASAP

Hello guys, I was just wondering how might I go about finding a power supply for this laser I just bought because I'm pretty sure I need like a DC power supply that plugs into the controller board only problem is that the part where you plug in the DC adapter looks kind of like a VGA cable port from a computer so I'm super confused thank for the help!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Melles-Griot-...-fiber-coupled-Laser-/272472029111?nav=SEARCH

Last edited:

Sta

I'm not sure of the answer myself, but asking the seller may prove useful.

diachi

You already started a thread on this.

The seller will include wiring instructions/manual - that will tell you what voltage/current it needs. You need to pick up a connector and wire it up. As I said in my other reply, this won't be plug and go.

Please avoid duplicate threads and double posts.

Your post is a mess. VGA is a monitor standard. You mean to say db15, which is the connector style VGA most often uses. The listing you posted isn't even db15 though, it is db9. Even if it were db15, db15 is just a connector, and not a standard. You can't plug a random db15 plug into a random db15 socket and expect everything to work.

tumblr_m4g2skkw2q1rwgpfjo1_400.gif

Last edited: