Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need help quick!

Sa2fan

I just got my first green laser! I'm so excited! But I need help, which way do I put the batteries for the Tactical Ultrafire 50mW one? I don't wanna fry my diode so please! HELP!!!

daguin

It should have come with instructions, but greens are usually negative (flat) end toward the front (where the diode is)

Peace,
dave

Sa2fan

Ok thanks! I didn't get the instructiosn though... Weird

Sa2fan

Im having a problem... My laser starts out full power, then goes dim, then turned off... Whats the problem?

That's a pretty common problem with green lasers. It could just be the batteries are dying, though often it's that the crystals are misaligned. Unfortunately there's not much hope if it's not the batteries, I'd get in contact with the place you bought it from.

Sa2fan

That's a pretty common problem with green lasers. It could just be the batteries are dying, though often it's that the crystals are misaligned. Unfortunately there's not much hope if it's not the batteries, I'd get in contact with the place you bought it from.

I got it from O-Like.

Sa2fan

Try fresh, high-quality batteries first. Then if it still does it, you need to RMA it.

Peace,
dave

I did notice something, the inside where you put the batteries smells pretty weird. But I'm sure its just the heat of the batteries and the metal (If it is) inside. At first I tried the batteries with the flat position on the front where the diode was, fire it up, didn't work, tried the opposite, didn't work. I hope that doesnt have to do anything with that :( When It didnt work I took it out as soon as it didnt fire the laser.

Sa2fan

I've been using it to show my friend how it looks like. I let it on for a pretty long time? Maybe it is to warm up, dead batteries or should I just do an RMA... I hope I don't need to though :'(

First you say that it turned "on" then went "dim" then went "out"...

Then you say it wouldn't turn "on" so you inversed the batteries and
it still wouldn't turn "on"...

Then you say you let it "on" for a pretty long time....

You need to make up your mind... and also use a little common sense..

1) Fully charge the batteries with the proper charger
2) Put the batteries in the laser the correct way
3) Don't run the laser at 100% duty cycle
4) Read the threads on the forum about the properties of Green Lasers

Jerry

Sa2fan

First you say that it turned "on" then went "dim" then went "out"...

Then you say it wouldn't turn "on" so you inversed the batteries and
it still wouldn't turn "on"...

Then you say you let it "on" for a pretty long time....

You need to make up your mind... and also use a little common sense..

1) Fully charge the batteries with the proper charger
2) Put the batteries in the laser the correct way
3) Don't run the laser at 100% duty cycle
4) Read the threads on the forum about the properties of Green Lasers

Jerry
Nah, you got it all wrong.

1. When I got my laser I tried to reversed the batteries and
it still wouldn't turn "on"... Then late, I put it the correct way and I have realized that it worked.

2. I let it run for a pretty long time, because I was showing my friend how a cool little could be epik.

3. Then later after putting it down, I turned it "on" then went "dim" then went "out"...

Thank you and have a nice day.

I'm only responding to your post order....
This is the sequence of your posts....

Post # 4
Im having a problem... My laser starts out full power, then goes dim, then turned off... Whats the problem?
Post #8
I tried the batteries with the flat position on the front where the diode was, fire it up, didn't work, tried the opposite, didn't work. I hope that doesnt have to do anything with that :( When It didnt work I took it out as soon as it didnt fire the laser.
Post #12
I let it on for a pretty long time? Maybe it is to warm up, dead batteries or should I just do an RMA... I hope I don't need to though :'(
I also posted 4 things that you should try....

Jerry

Sa2fan

I'm only responding to your post order....
This is the sequence of your posts....

Post # 4
Post #8
Post #12
I also posted 4 things that you should try....

Jerry

I admit I've kinda mixed them... But thanks anyway, I'm sure it's the batteries now or the warm up... Now if only I can found a retail store with CR123A... I live in Quebec, Montreal.