Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i must be odd...

Omega

you tell me.
can anyone else "taste" a red laser pointer? i was bored one day and pointed it at my tongue and noticed a coppery taste.
maybe i should try with a dvd burner diode :p

When I shine a laser, any laser, right between my eyes I can feel it; it tingles. I've always been able to do this with any laser.

I'm a freak I know. Maybe I have latent telekinetic powers just waiting to be tapped. I'm a Kwisatz Haderach apparently.

I don't think omega is 100% nuts, because I just tried it and got a weird taste. But, why would you shine a laser between your EYES. Tell me you were wearing safety goggles?

Things

I also notice this, When I shine my lasers around my face (Eyes closed of course!) I can feel where the dot is. havent tried it on my tounge tho, dont wanna burn it LOL

Things

HOLY CRAP!!!
I can taste it too!

How the hell is that even possible?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Laserman said:
I don't think omega is 100% nuts, because I just tried it and got a weird taste. But, why would you shine a laser between your EYES. Tell me you were wearing safety goggles?

I discovered this in the mid 90's with low powered reds. I'm not dumb enough to try it with any of my higher powered lasers.

And yes, my eyes were closed. Back then I didn't even know safety glasses existed.

Well fruit me. I can taste it as well. There has got to be another explanation here...

Things

Maybe its doing something to your tastebuds/saliva. I'm stumped TBH.

I can very slightly taste it. Weird...

I dont think Im going to try the between the eyes one though...

I can feel it on my head though...

Ive been wanting to burn hair with it, but
A)I cant see what Im doing if I burn my head hair
B)Nobody is stupid enough to let me shine a laser near their face
and C)The only hair I can see on my body is close to some vital parts of my body.

I think we can just feel it, but since it's being felt by nerves in taste buds (which apparently are very sensitive), it's being relayed back to the brain as a taste rather than a normal sensation.

Time to break out the low powered memebers of my collection and see if I can "taste" any color better than the others.

594- barely.

635- fairly strong.

At this point though, my whole tongue hurts and I can't tast anything.

to be continued.

Things

Yeah, it may just be screwing with your tastebuds. but the thing is, taste seems to "Stick" even once the laser is off :eek:

I cant taste anything. I tried w/ my DX200mw and got no reaction at all. Anywhere in specific you should point it to on your tongue?

ok ow.. i focused it down to a dot about 5mm(tried it about 10mm before) and the teeth under my tongue in the area of the dot started to hurt and I tasted it a little bit..

DX200? lol. You probably fried your tastebuds, that's why you couldn't get anything ;D

red shouldnt absorb into red(skin, tongue, blood) as well as green would. I felt no burning sensation, but I also used a dot between 5 and 10mm wide.. didnt focus it down too tightly.

Things

LOL. Even 10mw green is sufficient, you dont wanna fry your tastebuds! ;D