Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I made a Minions Mini Movie for the members here only !

I made a Minions Mini Movie with scenes from the movie Despicable Me 3 and i have it unlisted on Youtube for the members here only if anyone would like to check it out, It's pretty funny stuff !

Dam I didn't think it would get blocked if I had it unlisted......

If anyone wants to still watch it give me your email and I can share it via a email I believe ?

Last edited:
I'd be careful using copyrighted material. It is a sure way to find yourself in court trying to hold onto whatever assets you might have. Some of these companies live to litigate restricted use of their copyrighted stuff.

I am, all the copyrighted videos on my channel are "Monetized by claimant" by their choice which means every time that video plays from my channel they get paid, Well that is if the person that is going to watch it watches the ad right before it all the way through without skipping the ad, Then they get paid......

Last edited:
I am, all the copyrighted videos on my channel are "Monetized by claimant" by their choice which means every time that video plays from my channel they get paid, Well that is if the person that is going to watch it watches the ad right before it all the way through without skipping the ad, Then they get paid......

Good luck with that argument in a court of law. It has never held up in the past, though some have tried.

Good luck with that argument in a court of law. It has never held up in the past, though some have tried.

It's not a argument it's how youtube works, No luck is needed, I've had video's that could not be Monetized by claimant and it was blocked world wide or I had to delete the video, It's the claimant choice and no matter what they chose I don't get paid.....

I'm not worried, it's how it done......

Last edited:
I think you missed my point. The characters belong to Disney by copyright and ANY use of them without express written permission is a violation of that copyright law. If you have them posted anywhere, you can be sued and will lose. But, hey, don't take my word for it. Go ahead and do your thing.

And that "express written permission" is given on youtube when a video is monetized by claimant and as such written permission is given and is displayed right next to the video in question located in my Video Manager.......

Oh and if that "express written permission" is not given for any video in question I delete the video......

Soooo as I "do my thing" I am covered......

Last edited:
A lawyer you are not. Express "written" permission is what it says...... You have a document in your hands that gives you the right to use copyrighted material for a specific purpose and not for any other purpose. Now, if the material isn't copyrighted as most YouTube videos aren't, one needn't worry about it. But, the "Minions" are Disney property and if you are using them for any public use, you can be sued and will lose. Probably lose BIG. :crackup:

A lawyer you are not
Nor do i need to be to understand how youtube works !

Here is all the permission i need to use this copyrighted video and audio without fear of your doomsday scenario !

And nothing "written" is needed ! As it says "i you don't have to do anything" !

Last edited:
Ya so crazy to pay any attention to the copyright owners policy on the use of their copyrighted property, Or to the site hosting said copyrighted property and their policy on how to host copyrighted materials on their web site and what is needed for permission to do so, Dam what in the world was i thinking !!! I better rush right out and hire a team of lawyers to protect me from my foolishness !!! It doesn't matter that i've been doing this for over 3 years because any day now the big bad multimedia corporations are coming for me despite the fact that i used their property according to their policy on the use of said property !

You know now that i think about it the hell with the lawyers ! The smart thing to do would be to listen to just some guy in a laser forum dishing out legal advice, Ya that's what i should !!!

I gota run for now ! Where did i leave my keys for my bomb shelter ?!? :banghead::horse:

Last edited: