Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I love this host!

I just finished my latest 445nm build, in a host I haven't seen used before. I ordered it from deal extreme and it was supposed to be a Cree Ultrafire C5 Stainless Steel flashlight, but not surprisingly when it arrived it was not a Cree.

Anyway, I still love the host, maybe even more because it arrived with 2 milled down surfaces in the side and some carbage chinese lettiering, which ehgemus was kind enough to mill off the host for me. He also custom milled the heatsink for it.

And, it is nice and heavy and has a great feel to it.

Anyway, here's a few pics and a link to the dealextreme page for it, if anyone else wants to build one:

UltraFire C5 Stainless Steel CREE P3-8B 2-Mode 4700K LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Here's how it breaks down. I meant to snap a few shots before starting the build, but I forgot, so this is partially assembled

DSCF0343.jpg

The host has a nice deep pill for your driver, and is constructed very well.

DSCF0356.jpg

Here it is reassembled as a laser

DSCF0354.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

And how about a beam shot?

IMAG0104.jpg

Last edited:

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!! I am building one with (although with a different finish) the exact same host!! Just got the Cree jade in the mail today. I'll be posting soon!!!

Looks really good, making me very eager to try my luck at it! Waiting on some copper lathe ammunition to crank out a heatsink and I'll have one too!

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!! I am building one with (although with a different finish) the exact same host!! Just got the Cree jade in the mail today. I'll be posting soon!!!

Looks really good, making me very eager to try my luck at it! Waiting on some copper lathe ammunition to crank out a heatsink and I'll have one too!

Sorry about that. Mine was the Jade too though, and if you got it from delaextreme it's probably gonna have chinese writing on the cutout on the other side. But, it does mill off nicely.

Tell you what though, if you wanna mill a second heatsink when you do yours, I'll buy it from you, cause I'm gonna order another one.

Last edited:

Tonga

That is nice. I got one of these hosts a while back but I couldn't get the pill out of it. I can't tell is it threaded? I thought they were threaded but mine is cranked in there so tight I have not gotten it loose yet. I just layed it aside for later while working on other builds. Thanks,

It is threaded. You may need to wrap it in cloth thoguh and loosen it in a vice or with pliers.

You'll need to come up with a battery contact board though. I just used one that I had from another host and grinded it down to fit.

Tonga

It is threaded. You may need to wrap it in cloth thoguh and loosen it in a vice or with pliers.

You'll need to come up with a battery contact board though. I just used one that I had from another host and grinded it down to fit.

Thanks man, I'll just get back on it cause I got it thinking it would make a cool looking laser, and yours is definitely cool :drool:!

Don´t like that flashlight at all xP. But one thing is for sure, it makes it easier to focus :D