Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i just got my drivers license!!!!!

i just passed my driving test and got my driver's license!!! i was very nervous and i passed! i got a 98/100 and i lost points for backing around the corner to far from the curb, you are allowed to get 80/100 and still pass. i can't wait to get a car and start driving to school!

for anybody else whose going to take the test just relax and don't worry about it!

-travis

I got points off because I don't use my blinker "right" during the 3 point turn :mad: apperently when you turn the sterring wheel to the left you turn on your left blink and turn the wheel right your right blinker then left again ect :( I memorized the whole handbook and it never said anything about that :eek: i got a 100% on the written and a 90/100 on the driving :-/

I did mine in June and passed it :D

Here in Sweden we don't have points, it's more like fail/pass, but if the driving "instructor" is in a bad mood or have passed too many people the same day, he can fail you just for the heck of it :mad:

FireMyLaser said:
I've just started the education, any special tips for a noob? :)
pay attention when you drive, keep scanning around and be aware of your surrounding :D also make sure you use the blinker and if possible practice in an empty parking lot to get used to the reference points on your car. like the end of the wiper on my windshield marks where my tire is so when the edge of the wiper looks like it's on the edge of the curb so is my tire ;) it will all come to you eventually (my reference point may not work on your car but it does on mine)

Man taking the test is scary...lol. You think you are going to mess up even though it is easy. I got my license a couple of months ago from a place that you would have to suck to fail. I heard an older dude taking the vision test and the lady giving the test kept saying "Sir, those are letters, not numbers!". Sure enough a minute later she says "Congrats, you passed." :eek: On my way to the test place I stuck my head out the window so on my license pic my hair is all poofy. ;D It's so nice having a license though, I can actually have a life now that I can drive (most of my friends and my school is 10 miles away).

maxkillz said:
I got points off because I don't use my blinker "right" during the 3 point turn  :mad: apperently when you turn the sterring wheel to the left you turn on your left blink and turn the wheel right your right blinker then left again ect  :( I memorized the whole handbook and it never said anything about that  :eek: i got a 100% on the written and a 90/100 on the driving :-/

i had to back around a corner onto a road, parallel park, park on a hill and rive for about 5 more minutes then i was done!

oh and FireMyLaser:

a tip for driving is always be doing something as in: looking in your mirrors, checking blind spots, scanning for pedestrians, AND NEVER get in a trance where you just stare at the car in front of you!

travislikescoolstuff said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1225508342/0#1 date=1225509044]I got points off because I don't use my blinker "right" during the 3 point turn :mad: apperently when you turn the sterring wheel to the left you turn on your left blink and turn the wheel right your right blinker then left again ect :( I memorized the whole handbook and it never said anything about that :eek: i got a 100% on the written and a 90/100 on the driving :-/

i had to back around a corner onto a road, parallel park, park on a hill and rive for about 5 more minutes then i was done! [/quote]
I had to parallel park, reverse park, stop as fast as I can from 20mph, take turns, get on the highway, accelerate up to 20 as fast as I can and stop, 3 point turn, park on a slope, reverse straight for 50ft, and park in a parking garage :-/ took an hour

what!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?
that sucks! mine lasted a total of 10 minutes!
i guess there aren't too many poor drivers where you live! lol

Congrats on the license. Do you have any kind of car in mind to purchase?
I just got my motorcycle license a few months back. That was a hard test.

yobresal said:
Congrats on the license. Do you have any kind of car in mind to purchase?
I just got my motorcycle license a few months back. That was a hard test.

ya i have been looking on craig's list for a car and I have found some that look good for my price range (less than $2000)
like Honda civics, Honda accords, Chevy cavalier, Pontiac sunfire. if you have an idea for a type of car for me that fits my budget tell me, I would love some input!

-travis

maybe a nice little ford ranger 5 speed ;) also try looking for manual cars, they get better gas mileage and are a lot more fun to drive

maxkillz said:
maybe a nice little ford ranger 5 speed  ;) also try looking for manual cars, they get better gas mileage and are a lot more fun to drive

ya, thats true but im stubborn and lazy so i don't want to have to learn to drive a manual. lol

it's actually not that hard, if you try hard you can learn in about an hour and get to where you don't even think about shifting or anything within a day ;D I have only stalled 3 times so far since I have started driving the first time was the first time ever in a manual car the second was in my friends car and I didn't know where the clutch engaged (apparently it was wayyy worn out and it gripped at the top) and the last time was trying to drive an MG midget up one of the slope in Seattle...that thing couldn't get out of its own way to save it's life...

rkcstr

travislikescoolstuff said:
what!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?
that sucks! mine lasted a total of 10 minutes!
i guess there aren't too many poor drivers where you live! lol

Pfft... if you've seen the drivers in Michigan (at least around Detroit), you'd know that's false! Toledo isn't much better either.

But, there's always going to be stupid people on the road wherever you go. Driving cautiously and paying attention to your surroundings will keep you out of trouble.

My tips for ANY driver (not really for passing your exam):
1. USE TURN SIGNALS! How the hell am I supposed to know you want to be in that lane? Especially when I am currently occupying it! Which leads to #2.

2. Look around (blind spots) before you freaking change lanes, ok? I may have a small vehicle, but that's not excuse for your ignorance!

3. Stop signs have the following rules: 1. STOP (not exactly rocket science here), 2. (if multi-way stop) pay attention to who stopped first. 3. Wait your damn turn! 4. When it IS your turn GO! (side note: When stopped at the same time, person to the right goes first.)

4. Get out of the passing lane when you're not actually passing. I like to go faster than you, so get out of my way! Thanks :)