Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I just bought a laser?

I got it off ebay so I don't expect it to be great now that I see all of the criticism about them. I got a 100mW laser from the ebay seller Bid Box360. I would post a link but I can't yet.
Anyways I just want it to be able to pop balloons and light matches. I don't expect it to pop a balloon and light a match in a second but alot of the videos I saw it took a few seconds to pop a balloon and a few more to light a match. Will it do that?

diachi

Probably not if its from Ebay, it's probably no where near 100mW.

How much did you pay for it ?

With shipping 51 dollars. I messaged some of the people who bought from this seller and they said it did pop balloons so idk.

You should have just bought a Dilda laser from DX, & hopped it up ;) phoenix77/rob :cool:

Well it will probably be your first "high-power" laser,
just enjoy it & test it's limitations,
continue to read up on the great information you will find on LPF
& soon you may build yourself a real high-powered beast.
Then you can sell a buddy your old $50. e-bay special ;)

Ace82

I hope it's not a 5mW scam, because that happens quite often, and for $50 I really wouldn't doubt it because even dx 100's are $100. Maybe it's used? I don't think your laser when it arrives will even be able to melt thin black plastic. :(

Should have came here first! :p

Ace82 said:
I hope it's not a 5mW scam, because that happens quite often, and for $50 I really wouldn't doubt it because even dx 100's are $100.  Maybe it's used?  I don't think your laser when it arrives will even be able to melt thin black plastic.   :(

Should have came here first!  :p

I just got a response from someone who bought a 100mW from the seller and they had this to say about it....

"Yes I am happy with the 100mW laser that I bought. It pops dark colored (black, dark red, dark green etc) balloons quite quickly from a distance of about 15-30cm (the focus is somewhere in that range). It can also pop lighter colored balloons if you draw a black spot on the balloon.
The beam is also very bright in dark conditions."

" I just bought a laser?" Is that a question ???? You tell us --- .
Did you buy a laser?

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
" I just bought a laser?"  Is that a question ????  You tell us --- .
Did you buy a laser?

Mike

I did buy it... The statment was suposed to express uneasiness and me being unsure of my purchase hence the question.

Maven

rofl mike i wanted to make the same statement but i figured i would just leave it alone ...