Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I hurt my eye by laser

Tom

I'm so careless :(

That's the first time I touch lasers, I had the chance to view  a 600mw powerful green laser on the wall, from 2meters. Ouch,  my eye !  all the afternoon, I always feel like to close my eye, and feel the sundries in it. Several days passed, the uncomfortable feeling donot disappear, I watch into my eye from the mirror with a electric torch, on my pupil, I can see something like hair from the edge of the pupil and disconnect at the central.

Well, 6 months  passed, sometime I still feel  the hurt eye uncomfortable ,like has sundries in it.  I once go to hospital and had my retina checked, the doctor  didnot fiind difference on my retina. But the uncomfortable still around me, maybe some better than before, but still obvious .

I‘m a very new here, and want to get some help and good suggestion from you.

Thanks ,

Tom

Well that was silly now wasnt it? What have we learnt?

Sounds like quite a bit of that 600mW reflected off the wall, but theneven looking at the dot of a 50mW green laser for too long isnt such a good idea.

I would seriously recommend you get some safety goggles.

This is ALMOST a common sense issue folks - to the author, I am NOT picking on you specifically, but COME ON PEOPLE ! Use goggles ! You only get two eyeballs to screw up, and you only have one brain (well MOST folks, anyways....)
If the doctor didn't find anything wrong with your eyes, and you are still having issues - see (no pun intended) if you can go to another doctor for a second opinion...they are YOUR eyes - and those folks are only practicing medicine on you !