Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I haven't been here in a long time...

Hey everyone.

It's nice to see some familiar usernames.
How is everyone doing?
Have there been any new developments for the blue and green diodes lately?
Post your builds if you wanna show off! I'd like to see some 520nm stuff or 470s if there are any.

I've been busy with school, work, and other hobbies so I haven't been into lasers much.
My main hobby is hiking and photography. Here are some photos from recent adventures:

Red Diamond Rattlesnake
DSC02066.jpg

Sunset in the Mojave Desert
DSC03389.jpg

Andromeda and Ocotillo in the Sonoran Desert
DSC03454.jpg

A defensive Southern Pacific Rattlesnake
DSC07318.jpg

Badlands in Southern California
DSC07327.jpg

Indian Paintbrush blooming in Whitewater
DSC07417.jpg

For those that would like to know, I use my new Sony a6000 which is a fantastic camera. I have a Rokinon 12mm f/2 lens for wide shots and an old school Tokina 90mm f/2.5 macro for wildlife.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Welcome back! Those pictures are fantastic, the 2nd one just became my new phone background. Got any more to share with us? :)

Good to hear from you RA and those are some really nice pictures, I love the desert and go every chance I get but living with the big trees and mountains is where I will be.

Did you take any lasers to the dessert with you ? they look so good in the night sky out there with out any other light around :yh:

Don't be a stranger :beer:

ped

Good to see you again RA.

The Mojave Desert photo is fantastic.

Ped

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey RA, nice to hear from you! Those are some great photos, really like #2 & #3.
Don't get too up close and personal with those snakes! :eek:

BTW - Your 445nm chrome pen is still going strong.

Hey RA I wasn't here when you left but welcome back! Awesome photos thanks for sharing. Take flaminpyro's advice and head back out to the desert with one of those lasers and that Sony!! :)

Good to hear from you RA and those are some really nice pictures, I love the desert and go every chance I get but living with the big trees and mountains is where I will be.

Did you take any lasers to the dessert with you ? they look so good in the night sky out there with out any other light around :yh:

Don't be a stranger :beer:

I took a 445 to the desert a while back and took some photos but that was with my old camera. There was another guy there with a greenie probably ~100mW so of course I had to show off a bit.

I'll be in Portland presenting some research I've been working on. If I had more time and wasn't flying, I wish I could make a detour and stop by. Anyway, nice to see you around!

Good to see you again RA.

The Mojave Desert photo is fantastic.

Ped

Why, thank you! It was an exceptional night. The Ocotillo silhouette with Andromeda was taken on the same night.

Hey RA, nice to hear from you! Those are some great photos, really like #2 & #3.
Don't get too up close and personal with those snakes! :eek:

BTW - Your 445nm chrome pen is still going strong.

great photos dude, seems realy noise free those cam

Thanks! Getting close to those snakes makes the best photos! I've had a couple close calls before and had to adjust my confidence level. Some are grumpy and some are content to just watch me for a while.

And yes, the camera is excellent. It was well worth the upgrade.

Hey RA I wasn't here when you left but welcome back! Awesome photos thanks for sharing. Take flaminpyro's advice and head back out to the desert with one of those lasers and that Sony!! :)

At the moment I only have a couple ~50mW 405s and some scrap parts from a bunch of malfunctioning Chinese greenies. I haven't had the chance to make any laser photos with the new camera but maybe I'll try to snag a deal from one of you guys on the forum...

So nobody cares to update me on the latest and greatest laser tech? :D
It looks like Wicked is still around... :barf: