Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Have Several Thousand $ to Spend on Lasers

i am VERY happy right now! my video me and a couple of friends made got onto the front page of break.com!!! I think all i have to do is fill out a form saying that i am the original owner of the video etc. but yea, im going be receiving $400 bucks ;D

actually, i was going to buy a x125+, new pair of goggles, and the lens holder with lenses.
plus TNT comes to around $382 bucks

Justin

I have to debunk one thing from the original post:

The fact that lasers sold by various companies are all made by CNI does not mean that the quality you receive from these companies will be the same. In our extensive experience as CNI's official North American distributor, we know that the level of quality that you get from them varies WIDELY, and many units must be sent back from our testing lab for rebuild due to problems of power output, stability, mode, etc, etc. If a laser company does not test their units as well and as thoroughly as we do, then they will be sending out a lot of crappy underspec lasers. We spend a huge amount of resources just filtering out the bad lasers, in order to make sure that what you get from Laserglow is up-to-spec.

Also, testing methodology varies from company to company by a HUGE margin, and what one company claims is a >400mw laser may only classify as a >200mW given our stringent testing standards. For example, if you graph the output of a laser for 60 seconds and base your rating on this graph, you may decide that the laser you're testing is a 400mW. However, if you were to graph that same laser for 5 minutes, you may notice that the output power declines dramatically at the 2 or 3 minute mark and only produces 50-100 mW from that point on. "Another laser company" would call this a 400mW laser and sell it to you for several thousand dollars. We would call it "crap" and send it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild.

This example is not fictional, but is based on real tests of our competitors' product that we have performed in our labs. Always ask the retailer HOW their tests are performed, because not all "400mW" lasers are graded equally. There are other retailers selling >400mW lasers, but I know for a fact that none of them would qualify if we put them through the same 20 minute test period as we do to our Hercules-400 lasers. That's right, TWENTY solid minutes of testing. Your Crossfire would be cooking like a hot dog at this point, but the Hercules can keep running without breaking a sweat! We'd test them for longer, but there are only so many hours in a day!

Amnizu

I knew you guys had stringent testing standards, but 20 minutes? Holy shit. You guys fuckin rule.

Justin said:
I have to debunk one thing from the original post:

The fact that lasers sold by various companies are all made by CNI does not mean that the quality you receive from these companies will be the same. In our extensive experience as CNI's official North American distributor, we know that the level of quality that you get from them varies WIDELY, and many units must be sent back from our testing lab for rebuild due to problems of power output, stability, mode, etc, etc. If a laser company does not test their units as well and as thoroughly as we do, then they will be sending out a lot of crappy underspec lasers. We spend a huge amount of resources just filtering out the bad lasers, in order to make sure that what you get from Laserglow is up-to-spec.

Also, testing methodology varies from company to company by a HUGE margin, and what one company claims is a >400mw laser may only classify as a >200mW given our stringent testing standards. For example, if you graph the output of a laser for 60 seconds and base your rating on this graph, you may decide that the laser you're testing is a 400mW. However, if you were to graph that same laser for 5 minutes, you may notice that the output power declines dramatically at the 2 or 3 minute mark and only produces 50-100 mW from that point on. "Another laser company" would call this a 400mW laser and sell it to you for several thousand dollars. We would call it "crap" and send it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild.

This example is not fictional, but is based on real tests of our competitors' product that we have performed in our labs. Always ask the retailer HOW their tests are performed, because not all "400mW" lasers are graded equally. There are other retailers selling >400mW lasers, but I know for a fact that none of them would qualify if we put them through the same 20 minute test period as we do to our Hercules-400 lasers. That's right, TWENTY solid minutes of testing. Your Crossfire would be cooking like a hot dog at this point, but the Hercules can keep running without breaking a sweat! We'd test them for longer, but there are only so many hours in a day!

yeahhhhh

thats quality control!!

enough for chuck norris.

Amnizu, again I agree but can you say the same thing without the swearing part please...

Amnizu

BlueFusion said:
Amnizu, again I agree but can you say the same thing without the swearing part please...

Waaaaaaaaaaah my pussy hurts dont say bad words waaaaaaaah

iewed

Amnizu said:

Wow...

I would get the X10DR, and an Aries-225. $1300 might be a pretty penny to spend, but could you imagine 2000mW of pure 532nm goodness?

Switch

iewed said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1205021376/30#41 date=1205586609]

Wow...

I would get the X10DR, and an Aries-225. $1300 might be a pretty penny to spend, but could you imagine 2000mW of pure 532nm goodness?[/quote]
Would be more like 2000mW/cm[sup]2[/sup]

iewed

Switch said:
[quote author=iewed link=1205021376/30#42 date=1205891445]
Wow...
I would get the X10DR, and an Aries-225. $1300 might be a pretty penny to spend, but could you imagine 2000mW of pure 532nm goodness?
Would be more like 2000mW/cm[sup]2[/sup][/quote]
Is that stronger or weaker than 2W?

Switch

Actually I was wrong, it's more like 2000W/cm[sup]2[/sup]. It's actually still 200mW but focused to a very tiny spot.That tiny spot would burn just as well as 2kW focused to a 1cm[sup]2[/sup] dot. :p

what?? u can get 2000mW of power for under 1300 usd??

(not a 2W diode, but a laser that works at average 2W) :S

MERC

They are not talking about a 2w laser but focusing the beam smaller so the power at that small point whould be 2000mw/cm2