Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Have Found The Ultimate Glue For Projects!

nes_ds

Gorilla Glue! It's a polyurethane adhesive, and it's none conductive. I was in my Shop trying to mount my Sen Diode, but I couldn't find anyway to keep it in the mount, so as a last resort, I pulled out the Gorilla glue. I spread it around the diode, and let it dry, by the next day it had expanded to the top of the mount, it worked perfect.

Here's a pic of it:

100_0657.jpg

I then used it to set the mount onto my AA maglite, worked like a charm, it's very sturdy, and I was able to glue it almost perfectly level with the maglite case.

100_0678.jpg

100_0676.jpg

Well I'm off to go buy a tail cap switch for a AA maglite :)

T

timelord

Nice modification mate and the colour of the mini mag does it real credit too :)

nes_ds

Timelord said:
Nice modification mate and the colour of the mini mag does it real credit too :)
Yeah, I should be getting a tail cap switch that is black and red.

Hm. I've heard lots of people recommend Gorilla Glue. Tried some out though and I hated it! The foaming action or whatever its called can really mess up what seemed like a good glue job. It saves you the trouble of mixing epoxy resin, but I'd prefer a good dab of epoxy any day.

JB weld will fix anything. believe me, i know ;)
as for super glue, it works, but i will just manage to glue my fingers together again. last time i used super glue, i glued my fingers together and did not have any paint thinner so i used a razor blade to cut them apart. thats why no one should trust me with super glue. ;) ;) ;)

charleytown55il said:
as for super glue, it works, but i will just manage to glue my fingers together again. last time i used super glue, i glued my fingers together and did not have any paint thinner so i used a razor blade to cut them apart. thats why no one should trust me with super glue. ;) ;) ;)

been there, done that ;)

Definitely use rubber gloves when working with polyurethane. That stuff takes forever to clean up from.

charleytown55il said:

True story..... I fixed my garbage disposal that had two holes in it from some dipstick putting a spoon or fork or something in it and turning it on!... I put on one layer, then layer of drywall mesh, then anothe layer on top... fixed a hole about the size of the end of your index finger!

The only bummer is you "do" have to let it set up.... but the negatives to the instant stuff is there is no forgiveness if you place it wrong the first time.

It works good will glue anything, but i find how it foams up to be anoying.
Like it will expand like 2x which makes it usualy seep out of what ur working with.

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] p.s. I like the smilies