Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I have a dream

Someday we will be able to genetically alter our primitive tie to the past. I believe that is why men are so competitive. They want to be the first and only to "plant" thier seed.

I watched a documentary on TIME and it was very interesting, how we could alter time if we could go faster than the speed of light out side of the earths orbit.

XCreedX said:
I watched a documentary on TIME and it was very interesting, how we could alter time [highlight]if we could go faster than the speed of light out side of the earths orbit.[/highlight]

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Well that sure would be nice, wouldn't it? Remember, you can only go forward in time, not back, by going faster than the speed of light (and nobody really has a clue how to do that anyways.)

-Mark

Things

Well, ideally electricity travels at the speed of light, so we all have teleporters in our houses :D

Now to figure out how to get in them .... :-/

rkcstr

rocketparrotlet said:
Remember, you can only go forward in time, not back, by going faster than the speed of light

If I remember correctly, you don't have to go faster than the speed of light to go "forward in time". It is that the closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time is to you. So, you're not actually "going forward" in time; time for everything around you is traveling faster than it appears to be traveling for you. So, 1 second to you may be 2 seconds to everything else not traveling as fast. They've actually measured the effect just from traveling in an airplane, you're like a few millionths of a second younger than you should be ;D

So, anyway, that reminds me of this book I read when I was younger called "The Starlight Crystal" by Christopher Pike. It's about this girl who goes on a ship that travels close to the speed of light and it was supposed to be that 1 day of travel on this ship was equivalent to 10 earth years and their mission was to study events over 200 years on earth. Well, something goes wrong and the ship goes much faster than it should and billions of years pass with only days or seconds to the main character. It ends up that she travels so far ahead in time that the entire universe "starts over" and she ends up seeing history repeated and tries to change the events that occured.

It sounds loosely based on the theory that the universe will eventually end up recollapsing to a singularity and the "Big Bang" will happen all over again. Sure, it's pretty off-the-wall to think that EVERYTHING will happen EXACTLY as it did before, but it's an interesting "solution" to the "going back in time" problem. :D

Things said:
Well, ideally electricity travels at the speed of light, so we all have teleporters in our houses :D

Now to figure out how to get in them ....  :-/

Oh, that's easy! Just grab a pair of salad tongs, go to the circuit breaker box, unplug the cords, and jam them in! Even better- (you can travel even FASTER in time, well, relative to anything else anyways), you can climb to the top of a power line and grab BOTH of those coil things at once! Now THAT would be traveling in time!

-Mark