Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I hate the term "1 watt"

I'm tired of reading about the "1 watt" lasers. rarely are they ever 1 watt

michael

This post does not contribute to this forum. 1 watt is a technical description for the amount of energy a beam is outputting. Being more specific, you are ranting about how tired you are about all the talk about 1 Watt lasers. This is due to the introduction of the cheaper 445nm Casio diodes, which can be happily run at 1 watt. Deal with it, it's a breakthrough for laser enthusiasts and its going to be a natural hot topic.

This post does not contribute to this forum. 1 watt is a technical description for the amount of energy a beam is outputting. Being more specific, you are ranting about how tired you are about all the talk about 1 Watt lasers. This is due to the introduction of the cheaper 445nm Casio diodes, which can be happily run at 1 watt. Deal with it, it's a breakthrough for laser enthusiasts and its going to be a natural hot topic.

you're right your post doesn't LoL

uh, i am dealing with it by the rant....DUH!! and i don't need a lecture from you describing what 1 watt means. i;m well aware. and i am ranting that they are being called 1 watt but they are rarely over that. so when did the wattage determine the wavelength. so i have a 90mw and a 120mw. so mr. brain surgeon what colors are they.

this thread does contribute. it lets noobs know to address a laser properly, by wavelength and not power
michael.

Last edited:
would it help to say that all of my 445nm lab lasers can do over 1000000uw?

if your laser is a watt it's ok. but all the noobs calling the 445's 1 watt is stupid

you're right your post doesn't LoL

uh, i am dealing with it by the rant....DUH!! and i don't need a lecture from you describing what 1 watt means. i;m well aware. and i am ranting that they are being called 1 watt but they are rarely over that. so when did the wattage determine the wavelength. so i have a 90mw and a 120mw. so mr. brain surgeon what colors are they.

this thread does contribute. it lets noobs know to address a laser properly, by wavelength and not power
michael.

My contribution pertains not to a rant or display of disgust of the ignorance of others, but is directed rather to your own ignorance in thinking a rant about "noobs" would contribute anything other then useless banter.

The description I included in my post was a reason behind my disagreement. It was not meant to educate or inform, but rather to contribute to my remarks on your thread.

Here's how your thread would go:

I am so tired of all the noobs coming to our forum ignorantly describing all 445nm lasers as 1 watt lasers.

Response:
I know man, it's so lame!

End of Thread.

.....Yeah exactly

My contribution pertains not to a rant or display of disgust of the ignorance of others, but is directed rather to your own ignorance in thinking a rant about "noobs" would contribute anything other then useless banter.

The description I included in my post was a reason behind my disagreement. It was not meant to educate or inform, but rather to contribute to my remarks on your thread.

Here's how your thread would go:

I am so tired of all the noobs coming to our forum ignorantly describing all 445nm lasers as 1 watt lasers.

Response:
I know man, it's so lame!

End of Thread.

.....Yeah exactly

if i said that you would still be here crying some other sob story. "leave the noobs alone" or some other bs..:whistle:

you are nobody to tell me what is and isn't acceptable to post here. I have been here long enough to know. my rant about improper id'ing of a laser is perfectly fine. if anything you are out of place thinking you can tell me what is ok to post here. you've been here for about a month, you know nothing of how the core group of ppl here get along.

michael

Last edited: