Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i guess you get what you pay for

budule

i just got my 17.00 dx green pointer, i put in the batteries and point it at the wall in a dark room....at about 10 feet away i have a circle with at least a 6 ft diamater....there is a small dot in the center but it looks like somekinda starburst or something..... millions of faint little dots in a circular pattern....kinda neat and kinda useless at the same time, not sure if its worth the bother to return it...

umm.....
that circle is the reflection from inside the barrel's bore or hole. The dot in the middle is the actual laser dot :p

budule

i can put it on the wall side by side with my other one (40.00 verision) and the "reflection" is 5 or 10 times bigger around and brighter .....it's kinda growing on me though...kinda neat effect ...i was gona shorten it (as per rog8811...again thanks!)to make a portable vortexer so it probley wont matter anyway , might even be a cooler effect , if thats possable......

budule

i think mine might have been condensation or something (i had just got it out of my cold mailbox)...it dosent seam to be doing it as bad now....

think mine might have been condensation or something (i had just got it out of my cold mailbox)...it dosent seam to be doing it as bad now....

Exactly what I thought when I saw your first post :) you will find it will do a nice line when you get it set up.

Regards rog8811

For some reason, I(and my friends) can see an aura rings around the dot. I know for sure its an illusion cause I can see the aura when I point it at my finger and it still shows up where nothing is there.

I happens when you look at the dot. Why?

Switch

I think it's because the dot it's too bright and the aura is a reflection off your cornea or your cristalin?(well it definetly messes with your eye optics ;D)
I can see that aura better when I have blurry eyes, like when I get up in the morning.

tomcat

yup that aura is from the diffraction of your cornea because its so damn bright it happens when i burn upclose with my dvdrw red to me