Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I found the perfect host today.

I was tooling around through some boxes of old electronics parts today, and I stumbled across an old flashlight. The second I saw it, I knew that the rest of my day was going to be spent moving my 405 from my C6 host into this wonderful design.

BZH4K.jpg

The new host, in all its simple glory.

It was close to the C6 in size, but the head was much larger. So I got to work with some copper pipe and thermal goo to expand the heatsink I was using. It was one of Moh's C6 aluminum, but now it's about twice as big (not that it needed it). I still had plenty of space for the driver, so I packed that in, too.
I had to drill out the inside a bit to get my 16340's to fit, and in doing so, I found out it broke down into a FOURTH section! I was quite pleased, since this made my work much easier. Some wire brushing and sanding later, and a bit of plastic to keep the batteries from rattling around, and I had its chunks all ready to go!

9jALF.jpg

Head, Body, Mysterious 4th part + Battery holder, Tailcap

I spent a good while making sure that the aluminum would be featured in the gap left from the old reflector...

dC1Xt.jpg

I think I did okay.

67F0N.jpg

Mmm, tasty lasers...

In case anyone's wondering, the host was from a flashlight brand called LED Lenser, the model is 069003. It's not made anymore, but the company now makes similar lights that accept our kind of batteries. I.E., this one uses a nice 18650: LED Lenser Flashlights: M7R

ENX

Congrats!!! Very nice!

The LED LENSER flashlights are built solid. I found a smaller version at Home Depot a couple months back and made red laser out of it using a bunch of aluminum washers and an Aixiz module for heat sink. I really like the design of these.

Which 405 are you using?
What is the power?

Thanks for sharing!

Congrats!!! Very nice!

The LED LENSER flashlights are built solid. I found a smaller version at Home Depot a couple months back and made red laser out of it using a bunch of aluminum washers and an Aixiz module for heat sink. I really like the design of these.

Which 405 are you using?
What is the power?

Thanks for sharing!

I'm using a S06J with a Mohrenberg driver set at 428mA. Should be putting out 550-600mW based on the numbers I've seen on this diode.

I'm definitely going to be looking for another Lenser host next time I'm building. They just look so good!