Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I feel myself lucky to bump into this great forum! :)

I feel myself lucky to bump into this great forum!

My name is Steve. I live in NYC and since last year I’m closer to the 40 than to the 30.
English is my 2nd language, so you might find some grammatical errors among my lines…
Recently, I revived and old dream. I really wanted to own a good handheld laser device. I cannot explain the perfect reason behind this wish. I feel that George Lucas’ original Star Wars movies from the 70’s & 80’s had quite a big impact on my childhood. I was fascinated by those ray-guns, light sabers…etc.
I thought, here is the time to fulfill the dream to own a device…something similar and useful. Until recently I kept lurking around websites, such as the dealextreme.com. Their offer seemed really attractive and simultaneously a bit fishy. So, I thought I should look around a bit on the Net. I bumped into the Yotang web site; however I had the same impression just like earlier. (I kept taking in and out items from the Shopping Cart.) My hesitation led me back to the good ol’ Google. Upon searching for a credible feedback about Yotang I bumped into LPF the first time! What luck! I right away found my initial answers on the forum to some of my questions that saved me money. I got so hooked on the forum that virtually I spent my entire day reading topics after topics until 3:30a.m. My wife was angry with me like hell! She kept asking me what I’m doing for so long on the computer. When she saw my point of interest she asked me: For what is that? For what do you need that? Blah, blah…
I slept only 4 hours and…no wonder I overslept. I forgot to wake up the family and as a result my child and me were late from school… In the future I have to juggle kids, job, college and work around the apartment. Not to talk about the LPF.

So, here I am, eager to watch, listen and learn! :beer:

Welcome to LPF.
This forum has a plethora of information. Even with a solid background in electronics , rc micro design There is so much to learn from the seasoned experts here when it comes to lasers.
I read abt 4hrs a day on here in interests after 2 months! Still learning!
My suggestion would be to look at "building your 1st laser" then follow and search threads in areas of interest.

Nice to meet you Steve! And welcome to LPF! :beer:
Funny story! I've lost track of time browsing the forums many times as well :D

Man, I know the feeling. This place has more information than I could have found in years of digging around, and lots of helpful users.

Welcome!

Hi Steve:wave: I'm new to the fourm also, but Welcome!
As far as wifes and laser hobbies go GOOD LUCK! Wifes usually think the hobby is nuts, at least my does. I'm retired an on a small fixed income, so every time I want to spend money on the hobby, The Fight's On. " Why Am I
Wasting Money On That FOOL Hobby?" But it's worth it brother! Hang in there.

Thank you for your very positive and welcome comments. :thanks:

I might not be able to build my own laser anytime soon because of my living circumstances -living in a 1 bedroom apartment with my little family- however no one knows what the future brings...