Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I drove for my first time today :)

My first time driving a car. I have flown a plane and driven a boat but this is the first time I have driven a car. I forgot that we drive on the right here in the US at one point (lol) and I went a bit faster than I should have how did you do on your first drive ? :D

oso

My first time driving a car. I have flown a plane and driven a boat but this is the first time I have driven a car. I forgot that we drive on the right here in the US at one point (lol) and I went a bit faster than I should have how did you do on your first drive ? :D

you have flown a plane but this is the first time driving a car?

Well in the plane you have to go up and down, added to the left and right in your car. But you can go in reverse in your car but not in your plane. heheh

Benm

My first time driving was when i was 15/16 years old on the canary islands - you need to be 18 to drive legally in europe. It was fun having a go on a 4WD with zero driving experience really, and not that hard since there was no other traffic to care about.

I've flown a sailplane too, though i guess thats not the full flight experience.

I suppose the chief difference is that in a car you need to worry where you are going right now, and in a plane you need to worry where you will end up eventually ;)

First time I drove was in Ostern 2011. I let my friend drive to a place where was no traffic so he could teach me the basics. I always paniced with him but as soon as I took professional driving lessons at a driving school I felt confident and was all good. Within a month I could drive every car. Now everything happens automatically. Back in Summer I had to think what steps I need to follow before starting the engine heh. Everything is a matter of practise IMO.

ferd19

very nice, it's always exciting the first time you get behind the wheel of a car! Though i highly recommend learning how to drive a stick; more enjoyable imo and something about being in full control rather than the car deciding what it wants.

That is unless you learned to drive in a stick

Last edited:
very nice, it's always exciting the first time you get behind the wheel of a car! Though i highly recommend learning how to drive a stick; more enjoyable imo and something about being in full control rather than the car deciding what it wants.

That is unless you learned to drive in a stick

agreed stick is 10x the fun i will never go back lol

I grew up on a farm, so I already knew how to drive when I took driver Ed. in school and was 14 when I got my license. I was driving truck from the field to the grain and bean storage when I was 14. In Idaho you were not allowed to drive a night until you were 16 and you couldn't drink until you were 19.

Got my first car when I was 15, a 68 Camaro and I still have it.

As I recall, That Piper 180 is a low wing cream puff to fly!
I have a Piper PA-20 taildragger!!!
By the way -- Flying any airplane solo is an accomplishment few will ever experience.
HMike

Last edited:
As I recall, That Piper 180 is a low wing cream puff to fly!
I have a Piper PA-20 taildragger!!!
By the way -- Flying any airplane solo is an accomplishment few will ever experience.
HMike

What is a low wing cream puff ? The Piper is actually a Piper 140 with a Piper 180 engine in it so it goes like 140+ easy but the plane is only supposed to go 140> so I try to keep it at 130mph :D

That old Piper series with the fat , low wing design lands like a dream!!! I love them
A tail dragger on the other hand can be trickey!
Actually flying any plane is an experience -- Congrats -- oh on the car too :)
HMike

My old PA-20 has 125 HP but if I get it on the step, It will do 130 MPH too.
The low wing design puts the wing into ground effect better than a high wing making for more forgiving landings.

Last edited:
Kudos on the first car/driving! Yeah as Mike says it takes a lot more knowledge to fly a plane. You have to start by doing your checks, such as walking around the plane making sure all the rivets/parts are secure. Check how much fuel you have. Complete your flight plan etc.

Then you get to have some fun, wind up the throttle, communicate with tower. Set the flaps and off you go! Keep your horizon as horizontal as possible, unless you have to bank and avoid an obstacle/mountain.

And as Mike pointed out, since landing is really where the difficulty of flying happens, having the easier Piper makes a big difference. I have never soloed, just got to play with the yoke from the co-pilot seat while my experienced/pilot friend did all of the real work. :)

Last edited:
Trying to go for first time - engine dies.
Start again, dies again.

Third time's the charm, got it moving at wooping 5 km/h. Mind you I was 12 at the time :p I did accumulate some driving experience before finally taking the school ed. at age 19 last year (couldn't afford it sooner, in Europe it's 18).

Now, about flying ...
While small planes like Cessna are incredibly fun...

Apsolutely NOTHING! Holds a candle to Ultralight trikes.

Though, I reccomend dowloading HD quality clip from their website...
Adventure Ultralight Trike flights in Florida

Okay, maybe jetpacks are better but that's not going to become that widespread in any short time.

^Nice post indeed! I felt like I was flying like a bird. I agree that is the best way to get a scenic view of an area. 6000ft, WOW! Easy takeoff and landing too. :D