Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Don't Want MODES!

I am having a horrible time trying to find an on/off 3A 17mm LED Driver. The closest thing I have found to what I want is from Illumination Supply.

https://illuminationsupply.com/led-drivers-c-52_32/8xamc7135-304a-selectable-mode-driver-p-142.html#.Uo7uOZEeVy4

This is what I have been using set for 5%/100% but even that still annoys me.

I just want to turn the light on and off, without checking everyone around me for epilepsy.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Easy. Just take that driver you linked to, remove ATTINY13A, and make a solder bridge
between the red wire and the closest pin on the closest AMC1735. It doesn't matter how
it's removed, weather it's cut off, heat gunned, or dremeled.

You could also try just making the bridge and leaving the micro alone. One of two things will
happen depending on the firmware.

1. It would smoke the micro which doesn't really matter since you're not using it anyway.
  2. Nothing will happen, but the chip will still run and produce a small extra load on the batteries.

You could also try to cut pin 6 instead of removing it completely, but that would be difficult
or impossible on a chip that size. Then you would still have the problem of the chip
running and making the tiny extra load, but it is very small in comparison to the diode.
Just remove it completely if you're worried about it.

Last edited:
These drivers arent round (although Lazeerer probably has a round 3 A driver), so you can just use a 17mm contact board.;) :beer:

P.s Just type 3A driver into search bar...;)

:rolleyes:

@lightning stalker - thanks i am definitely going to try this out this weekend