Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I cant get goggles help :(

Hi guys i have a big problem. My dad withdrew all my money and shut down my bank account after he found out i purchased a laser with it. So now i cannot get goggles. What should i do. I already purchased the laser long ago and now its in customs waiting to get through. So i cant just return it.

What should i do with this laser? Or how should i handle it properly?

$28.80 - 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Green Lasers

Last edited:

I would save up money for the safety goggles...

What do you think you should do....

Jerry

SpecV

Get a credit card, unless your 16 years old.:crackup:

SpecV

Oh ya prepaid I forgot about those. Anyway I just bought the same glasses, at least they look the same but mine are 190-540/800-2000 OD4+ and they are awesome.

JLSE

My question would be, why is your dad so opposed to this purchase?

Also , if he dug far enough to figure out what you purchased, what makes you think
he wont be waiting for the package with a hammer? :undecided:

The best thing for you to do here is earn his trust rather than be
sneaky about it..

he isnt THAT opposed against it he just thinks i buy stupid shit online with my paypal... which i dont and now that iv bought something which he thinks is stupid he cancelled my bank account so i couldnt add any funds to my paypal from it. He did all of this so i dont buy any thing he thinks is dumb again.

Fenzir

arguement: If I'm going to have something dangerous atleast let me protect myself and others.

Ash

oh yeah those prepaid master cards i can upload onto my pay pal. good idea. Should i use the laser until i get the goggles?

btw r these fine Protection Glasses for 532nm Green Laser
Those won't protect your eyes from the IR that is going to be emitted from that cheap DX pen.
You need the multi-wavelength zonestealth glasses:
Multiple Wavelength

Really. If you are living under his roof, then you have to abide by your fathers rules and wishes (unless you are paying rent). You should insist that you will use the laser responsibly and using safety glasses is a part of that.
Would he buy them for you so you don't accidentally blind yourself? :undecided:

arguement: If I'm going to have something dangerous atleast let me protect myself and others.

will try it

Those won't protect your eyes from the IR that is going to be emitted from that cheap DX pen.
You need the multi-wavelength zonestealth glasses:
Multiple Wavelength

Really. If you are living under his roof, then you have to abide by your fathers rules and wishes (unless you are paying rent). You should insist that you will use the laser responsibly and using safety glasses is a part of that.
Would he buy them for you so you don't accidentally blind yourself? :undecided:

Thanks for the link. I guess your right but i already ordered the laser and its already in Canada. Discarding the laser would just not be an option. I think i have a strong arguement if its about safety. Maybe if i show him what could happen if i dont get the goggles.

hopefully heil reconsider

Maybe you are buying stupid shit. It is his house, his rules, he made you. So you can't do shit. Quit digging a hole, and try being a good kid that respects his parents. They will give you better advice then any of your friends. They have done it before, you haven't. If you live in the US, and you can't spell, you probably shouldn't have a laser.

If you helped out around the house, did chores, and got him ON YOUR SIDE, I am sure you would have so much more help on your side.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but it's really getting irritating all the kids on here whining about their parents and their problems. No use bitching, it does nothing and 99% of the problems start with you. When you are older you will realize your parents were usually right.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Toaster has a very legit point...

Last edited:
he isnt THAT opposed against it he just thinks i buy stupid shit online with my paypal... which i dont and now that iv bought something which he thinks is stupid he cancelled my bank account so i couldnt add any funds to my paypal from it. He did all of this so i dont buy any thing he thinks is dumb again.

I strongly believe.....

If you are a legal adult.... do what you want using common
sense..

If you are NOT a legal adult.... do what your Father tells you
or move out of HIS home...

Jerry

Last edited: