Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I can't decide..

Well..I am leaving for a 12 day cruise in a week and all I have been thinking about when I am using my x105 is, "boy this would be amazing in the middle of the ocean". But I am worried about the airport. I have been on a cruise before and had no problem getting a 5 mW greenie on it, but I am worried about the x105 being confiscated. I first fly out of the country and board the cruise there. Please tell me your past experiences and give me some advice, thanks!

hahaha, once i got told on at school for have a laser, it was me 95 nexus,... i put it in my the back of my pants by my butt :D

but they didnt have metal detector, maybe get quite a variety of metal pens, and mix it in with those, but kind of make it hidden :D

Hi Rob.
I cannot speak for US domestic and international flights, but I certainly can for UK domestic flights. Dont carry it in your hand luggage, as it is very scrutinised. Take the batteries out and pack it somewhere in your check in luggage. I have been on 6 flights this year, with a laser for company every time, and have never had a problem.

It is no different than the vendor sending to you when you bought it , except the individual package was inspected by customs, when it came off the Aeroplane from china or wherever, but this time it is safely in your suitcase.

I really wouldn't be too worried.

Jase

Take off it's warning sticker and replace it with one that says "Class IIIa <5mW" ;D I bet it would woork if they took a look at it.

LOL why would you bring such a high powered laser to school!

Can anyone answer my question a little bit better :)

EDIT: Woops just saw 2 new posts above me!

tape it up, and put it with a bunch of other pens, and say "that one is broken" and ofer the security a working pen to change the subject :D

twisted_transistor said:
tape it up, and put it with a bunch of other pens, and say "that one is broken" and ofer the security a working pen to change the subject :D
Why even declare it? just stick it in your check in baggage with no batteries in it.

Jase

Tallaxo said:
Hi Rob.
I cannot speak for US domestic and international flights, but I certainly can for UK domestic flights. Dont carry it in your hand luggage, as it is very scrutinised. Take the batteries out and pack it somewhere in your check in luggage. I have been on 6 flights this year, with a laser for company every time, and have never had a problem.

It is no different than the vendor sending to you when you bought it , except the individual package was inspected by customs, when it came off the Aeroplane from china or wherever, but this time it is safely in your suitcase.

I really wouldn't be too worried.

Jase

Hmm..thanks. How did you pack it?

styropyro said:
Take off it's warning sticker and replace it with one that says "Class IIIa <5mW" ;D I bet it would woork if they took a look at it.
damn, i was gonna suggest that but you beat me to it!! :p

Just protect it rob, put it in a plastic bag in your suitcase, dont try and conceal it, just pack it like you would anything else, if you try and conceal it or something, then its more obvious to whoever is on the xray machine, because that is what they are looking for. Treat it like it is nothing special and it will appear as nothing special.

Jase