Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bragged too soon on my DX laser.

:mad:
Well I have only had my DX 30mW true green for 5 days now and it went kaput today. Last night I noticed when I powered it up, it started out dim for a split-second and then got bright. Now I just get a very, very faint dot. :'(

I am really disappointed. I know the price is cheap but I think it should last somewhat longer. I took VERY good care of it. I only carried it in the original box. Really I don't think I even used it that much.

I sent an e-mail to DX customer service so we will see what they say. It would be nice if I could get a replacement or credit toward another purchase.

yea im in the process of emailing DX about 2 of my 50mW newwish clones that are outputting less than 10mW. At first they're telling me to ship it back to them, but it'll cost me $50 to ship it back to them with tracking. That costs more than the 2 lasers itself!

so i'm waiting for their next reply

Unfortunately these lasers are most likely to die early on. NewWish lasers are cheap in more ways then one, and we all take a big gamble with a high reward. Unfortunately, it looks like you got the short end of this bet  :(.

Things

well DX offered me a replacement, but you have to send the original back, so i don't know what postage is like. hopefully they will replace yours too!

Shipping would be from $21-25 bucks from USA>China. If that is where you have ship it back to.
Unless you want to fork out the big bucks for express.
I'd check DHL, FedEx and UPS international also.

Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $21.00 $2.00 cheaper if you do it online.
Express Mail® International 5 Days $25.00 same as above.
Global Express Guaranteed® 1 - 3 Days $55.00 $5.00 cheaper online

It's a little cheaper if you pay and print your postage online at USPS.com

That really sux it went out so quick.
I hate to think about the $120 I just spent on the supposed "200"mW greenie from DX. Hope it lasts a little while!

Good luck with them!

Benm

DX is in Hong Kong, probably cheaper to send things there than it is to mainland china.

I guess they will send you a replacement without any problems, as DX usually does. The problem is that the replacement could be equally bad... they should do better QC on these items really.

Y

yew.sir-name

i've had an ongoing ticket for replacement products from dx. This is my 7th week of them messing me arround, they'll pay the cheapest method of shiping with no tracking or signature on delivery. So just basic first class airmail. I finaly shipped my stuff today and am waiting for them to refund me the shipping.

Aseras

getting a working laser/product in hand is about the best QC you can ask for sites like DX. Everyone knows the stuff is cheap and most of it is crap. That's the gamble you take. It's also why I almost always run NiMH in my dx200, too purposely keep the diode life longer by keeping the voltage down.

Photon_Phreak said:
:mad:
Well I have only had my DX 30mW true green for 5 days now and it went kaput today. Last night I noticed when I powered it up, it started out dim for a split-second and then got bright. Now I just get a very, very faint dot. :'(

I am really disappointed. I know the price is cheap but I think it should last somewhat longer. I took VERY good care of it. I only carried it in the original box. Really I don't think I even used it that much.

I sent an e-mail to DX customer service so we will see what they say. It would be nice if I could get a replacement or credit toward another purchase.
Hey Guys:
Please refer to this and see what you think.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1190642520

Hmmm.....you may be on to something there. I did notice when I changed the batteries the first time that the new batts were slightly longer than the ones that came with the laser. When I screwed the case back together, the on switch came on by itself, caused by (I think) the extra pressure on the spring contact by the longer batts. I just pushed the button a couple of times and it began to work fine. Maybe the switch was slightly damaged when I did this.

Benm

Aseras said:
getting a working laser/product in hand is about the best QC you can ask for sites like DX. Everyone knows the stuff is cheap and most of it is crap. That's the gamble you take.

Not everything sold on DX is crap, though most of it is pretty cheap. I've bought things like chargers, wall plugs, power LED's and such from DX, and those products were all fine. Usually, if something arrives broken, they'll just send a replacement no questions asked.

There seem to be a lot of minor and major problems with these lasers though, so people end up with dud's too often. On the other hand, lots of people also report DX laser pointers performing at or over rated power... seems to be a matter of luck?

I emailed them about my problem last night and this was their response:

Dear Jack,

Apologize for any inconveniences we caused to you.

We have return policy, please mail your old item to our USA office with first class mail service, or the cheapest way with tracking number, then email me your tracking number and your shipping fees. After receiving this, I definately process a replacement and reimburse you the shipping fees.

Note: please leave a note (including your order number, item sku number and quantity, and simple explanation for the return reason) in the returned package, so we can process the correct replacement for you. Thank you.

USA Return Address:

S CHEN | DealExtreme
8345 NW 66TH ST #8247
MIAMI FL 33166-2626

Thank you for your help.

Raindy

Their RMA location is in the US so shipping will be cheaper.. and they are paying for my shipping too :D

nes_ds

Does it have to be "Track Able" ;D (inside joke)

I mailed my WL RMA's to Shanghai for a little under $12 in the past, but they weren't trackable.

Guess they send out generic replies too.  That is the exact same response I got when I wrote about my dim 30mw...I hate generic responses from companies.

If you read up in their support pages, they say if you RMA it to a US address, from anywhere worldwide, they will reimburse you for the cost of cheapest possible postage.
Sorry, don't remember which page I read this on :(