Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I am a DX Ninja.......

JLSE

I wish that I had internet and a site around like DX when I had an interst in things like this. I was browsing DX a couple of weeks back and discovered that they had stars! :eek:  Not too mention the insanely low price of them, so I ordered a few pieces of two types.

Now im just waiting for a tree to look at me with some attitude, and its on ;D

They are very well made, the blades measuring 3mm thick and steel. The site describes them as "unsharpened", but they are not far off, and only require some minor stone work to get em like razors :eek:

I got them across the boarder with no issues, as they are sold as "trainers" not sure if that helped but worth every penny :)

Heres the link and some pics..

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19360

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02854.jpg

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

You do realize by sharpening them, you will be creating a "prohibited weapon", right? IIRC it's a 5-10 year stint if you are caught...

JLSE

Yeah.. The same rule applies to my switchblade collection ;)

The last time I had a cop over for a noise complaint, they only had nice things to say about my various collections on the wall ::)

This is just another item that wont be leaving the house, and most likely sealed in a display for viewing only. Just had to have them ;D

The best toys are the prohibited types.

*edit*

These are straight out of the package, purchased as trainers and unaltered ;)

I wonder if I'd get the same "nice" compliments if I left my "stuff" hanging on the wall ;D

Oh wow! I'd love one of those, but I don't trust Australian customs to let it through :(

Those are so...AWESOME! Once some more of my DX points kick in I'll definitely get a LOT of these. DX also has throwing knives too?!?!? +1 rep WB!!

digital_blue said:
I wonder if I'd get the same "nice" compliments if I left my "stuff" hanging on the wall ;D

All depends on who what you are hanging on the wall.... ;D ;D

Jerry

WannaBurn said:
Yeah.. The same rule applies to my switchblade collection ;)

The last time I had a cop over for a noise complaint, they only had nice things to say about my various collections on the wall ::)

This is just another item that wont be leaving the house, and most likely sealed in a display for viewing only. Just had to have them ;D

*edit*

if you don't mind where did you get the switch blades from.

JLSE

jamilm9 said:
[quote author=WannaBurn link=1237001869/0#2 date=1237004621]Yeah.. The same rule applies to my switchblade collection ;)

*edit*

if you don't mind where did you get the switch blades from.[/quote]

There are many places to get them, and some websites that I have found as well. They are big in Europe and easy to find there.
I havent tried ordering online, but if you search you will find.

A family member who travels a lot brings me stuff like that on return trips when he finds interesting ones. There are so many websites out there that are desperate for business, id imagine its quite easy to get.

http://www.directknifesales.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2

john lawson said:

Ahhh. American Ninja huh?... ;D

lasersbee said:
[quote author=digital_blue link=1237001869/0#3 date=1237006275]I wonder if I'd get the same "nice" compliments if I left my "stuff" hanging on the wall ;D

All depends on who what you are hanging on the wall.... ;D ;D

Jerry[/quote]

I should actually give that a try; leaving my shotguns and rifles on the kitchen table (with trigger locks) while a cop comes over... :D

About switchblades. You can purcahse kits that work really well to transform any button locked blade into one.

http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm

That site has full kits including the knife, or just individual parts. As long as it's legal to import a folding, non spring assisted or switchblade knife into your country you should be fine. All that's in the package is a spring, a drill attachment, and the knife itself IIRC.

I bought a couple stars, hopefully I'll get them in a few weeks. I've always liked to throw cards into fruits and stuff, so this should be a nice step up from that. ::) Thanks again for the link!

JLSE

styropyro said:
I bought a couple stars, hopefully I'll get them in a few weeks. I've always liked to throw cards into fruits and stuff, so this should be a nice step up from that. ::) Thanks again for the link!

If you check out the other stuff in the 'self defence' section' not sure if you noticed but the have a 4 aces set of steel throwing cards :)

Last time I looked, one type was out of stock, but they have some other ones in the new arrivals section ;) I think those would just split the fruit in half though ::)

Th0ughts said:
About switchblades. You can purcahse kits that work really well to transform any button locked blade into one.

http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm

That site has full kits including the knife, or just individual parts. As long as it's legal to import a folding, non spring assisted or switchblade knife into your country you should be fine. All that's in the package is a spring, a drill attachment, and the knife itself IIRC.

I found that site a while back, they were originally selling on ebay but kept getting their listings removed. They have videos on youtube showing a variety of knives and kits, which is what lead me to them in the first place. Some really cool stuff, and it can be imported to Canada without problems...

Good link, thanks :)