Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Htd sf-aw210

high tech dealz now has the sf aw210 in place of the phr diode. pretty cheap too. i always here people saying there paying 20-30 bucks. mine should be here tomorrow!!

also wanted to say they are amazing with costumer support, he has helped me with what ever question i had. amazingly low prices on top of free shipping. im sure most of you guys know this already but they have been so helpful i had to post this.

rhd

Notwithstanding the fact that I've purchased SF-AW210s myself, I've never really understood why they are appealing.

For ~$20 (usually, although HTD has a great price on the sleds now), you get a <200mW 405nm diode. When a 12x can do as much as 750mW for just $35, why would you go for the AW210?

- Of course there are some scenarios where you don't actually want a high powered laser, and that's a different story, but other than that, isn't something like the BW512L a much better bang for the buck?

Same. Although... I don't know what to do with myself now that I have one of each high powered diode in a handheld. :p Haha.

rhd

Same. Although... I don't know what to do with myself now that I have one of each high powered diode in a handheld. :p Haha.

You start looking for new wavelengths... and until we get 515 greens, that means DPSS if you want it portable. (I'm sure there's some exception that I'll get corrected on here)

Look at the new addition I'm excited about \/ :)

Last edited:
Actually, I think I just LED'd my 780nm... sad face, but oh well. Was $8 for both that LED and an LPC-815.

I didn't think I would be afraid of the IR, but I really am... not sure I really want to make an IR build.

Regarding DPSS... I hate buying lasers :( I only like building them! So want to help me build a 473nm DPSS? Haha.

rhd

All joking aside, my next build (once I get through with the Osram diode) is going to be a 473. But I'm not going to build the DPSS ;) I'm going to buy it as a module.

rhd

I agree.

And when you build your first 473nm DPSS, I'll be the first to call you for instructions on doing the same myself ;)

I wish it was doable :(

Notwithstanding the fact that I've purchased SF-AW210s myself, I've never really understood why they are appealing.

For ~$20 (usually, although HTD has a great price on the sleds now), you get a <200mW 405nm diode. When a 12x can do as much as 750mW for just $35, why would you go for the AW210?

- Of course there are some scenarios where you don't actually want a high powered laser, and that's a different story, but other than that, isn't something like the BW512L a much better bang for the buck?

well i bought it because you get the br and a red soc for 3 bucks more than what a lpc-815 sled.

I think he was referring to the LiteOn. Those can be that cheap (I think?) but they are the "crappy" 12xs.

chefla

Thanks Wolfman29. I did not know there were such differences. Which 12x BR sleds are considered the best ones? I soon plan on building a 12x BR, so every info is welcome.

rhd

I think he was referring to the LiteOn. Those can be that cheap (I think?) but they are the "crappy" 12xs.

PSXBoy has them for $31 + a bunch off fees, but you can make it come in at $35. Laser-xh has them for similarly cheap if you buy a bunch. It's the SF-BW512L, which some (probably myself included) think aren't as good as the BO6J. But to say that they're the "crappy" 12xs is pushing it pretty far. My builds are giving me 700mW with a stock glass 405 aixiz... so I struggle to call that return crappy ;) I think the B06J can probably be pushed a bit higher, but you really are talking about a "bit" higher, and I still haven't seen the B06J for under $40~ish after shipping.

I prefer the 445nm casio diodes over the SFAW210, but they're alright.

-Kendall