Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How To Remove Diode From HLP18130 Budget Gadgets Red Laser?

I need help removing the diode from the HLP18130 200mw. It's a very popular laser that I'm sure most of you have heard of: $41.06 HLP18130 Focusable Burning Red Laser Pointer 200mW - BudgetGadgets.com

Simply put, I want to replace the on-board diode with something else, but I can't seem to remove the diode. I've tried pushing the diode in using a nail head without any luck. Has anyone successfully removed the diode from one of these?

ARG

That laser is commonly called a dilda here.

Are you trying to remove the diode without damaging it? Or would you like to keep the diode? I have a dilda and the diode is glued in there, did you remove the glue from the other side?

I would prefer to not damage the diode, if possible. I didn't realize the diode was glued in until now... How might I go about removing it?

ARG

If you carefully scrape the glue off from the back side you might be able to use one of these to remove it without damaging it: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/diode-press-sale-pushes-out-diode-42614.html

The tool is 15$, and the diode is less than that, so it may be easier just to get a metal rod of the same size and push out the diode (and killing it in the process).

I managed to use a flat-head screw once to remove a diode from a module, it bent the can but it still lased. That may work for you, but no guarantees on the diodes survival.

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.:na: :tinfoil: