Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to Re-size a GIF

Gun

Hello Everyone,

So as I've noticed, people here seem to like GIFs. Now you may want to resize a GIF for an Avatar, Signature or maybe just so it doesn't look so big in your post.
I'm going to show you how to re-size a GIF and keep the animation as many programs remove the animation when you try to resize.

1. The program you're going to need to do this is called GiF Resizer, download it HERE. After GiF Resizer has downloaded, open it.

2. After GiF Resizer has downloaded, open it. Now near the top of the program it should say 'Source GIF Image file'. To the right of the white box under that, there should be a button with '...' on it. Click that button and select the GIF you want to resize.

3. After you've selected the GIF you want, click the other '...' button; the one next to the white box under where it says 'New GIF Image file'. Select where you want to save the file.

4. Back on the program you can now select what you want to resize your image to. For forum avatars I don't recommend anything over 300, width or height. Make sure the 'Keep aspect' box is checked if you want your GIF to stay in proportion. Then click 'Resize'.

5. A window will appear, reading 'Resizing...' with a progress bar. Once the window closes your GIF has been resized! It would have saved in the location you chose at step 3.

SIMPLE EXPLANATION: Download GiF Resizer. Select the GIF you want to resize and then choose the size you want and save it to your desired location. Then hit 'Resize'. Done.

Hopefully this worked for you guys, it did for me. I know it seems like I'm explaining something really simple in the longest way possible but I thought I'd cater for the people who aren't that good at computers and be extra descriptive :). There's a simple explanation above.

Thanks,
Gunnishone​

daguin

A VERY useful link

Thanks
(Wait until you hit 50 posts ;) )

Peace,
dave