Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to prevent newcomers buying from WL?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

They have started advertising here and it seems that more and more newcomers will take for grqnted that LPF promotes the company. It was the same with warnlasers. A lit had ordered from them..

There must be some way.. Like noting in the corner that it is a ad.

Sure, their hosts are sexy but the power is like a dead duck.

I'm sorry, I just have to ask... this is a terrible question... why not?
I for one will never buy a laser, since if I'm going to spend that much money on something I will allways want to learn about it as well. Thats where you guys come in :D

But, as far as I can tell from there advertisements, they have the lowest prices around.
Thanks!

But, as far as I can tell from there advertisements, they have the lowest prices around.
Thanks!

You're kidding, right? There are a boat load of other web sites waaay cheaper than WL, and have better quality products.

Last edited:
im gonna be blunt,

i do tons of research before i buy anything especially if it is expensive. if you dont you are a moron and are just asking to get ripped off. a simple wicked lasers search in google..... well

I'm sorry, I just have to ask... this is a terrible question... why not?
I for one will never buy a laser, since if I'm going to spend that much money on something I will allways want to learn about it as well. Thats where you guys come in :D

Thanks!

You must have missed it.......:whistle:
Read this.......

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Jerry

The thing is, some TRUSTED members have ordered recently and are saying that the service and lasers have improved. You can warn the newcomer about WL history but you cant really tell him not to buy from them. Its the newcomers choice to trust them or not.

And Im not supporting WL I would probably still not buy anything from them. :tinfoil:

Last edited:
It was their Sales Rep/Mod "Dan" than convinced me
never to buy from WL again and to pass the word on
to any uninformed potential WL customer about their
past dishonest business practices..

Anyone is welcome to ignore this warning....
But I have learned and head my own advice...;)

Jerry

Last edited:
It might be a good idea for c0ld to put a large disclaimer on top that Advertisements are NOT Endorsement, and that anyone can buy an ad.

Thanks!

Where can I get some of what you're smoking?!?!

@Jerry - Dan and ccmcmbvwhatever basically cemented my opinion of the company. Company reps that lie repeatedly combined with the company track record... Idk why there are people who still buy from WL.

I mean would it surprise anyone to learn if they sent vets who have gotten lasers recently, cherry picked units to help out their rep?

There are still threads about underspec lasers coming from them afaik. If other companies are held to a higher standard. Why not WL?

Last edited:

SRESAL

Dan and ccmcmbvwhatever basically cemented my opinion of the company. Company reps that lie repeatedly combined with the company track record... Idk why there are people who still buy from WL.

I heard they both got fired... :thinking:

Personally, I like their products... and the only one I ever had to wait for (I think it was around 100 days) was the Arctic when it first came out.

While I think WL is overpriced and often sub-par quality, and also quite surprised to see a resurgence of WL purchases in the last two years, if people are not going to do their research on expensive purchases like lasers that's their own fault. The information is not hidden, and there are many alternatives, even in the ad selection. We can't do anything about people finding WL on Google or via some other site. However, we should at least expect that someone coming to this site would take the time to at least read some posts, not just click on the ads to buy lasers. There's not much we can do if they're not going to meet us half-way.

We may blame WL for outrageous prices and poor quality, but ultimately it is the buyer who decides to make the purchase. Maybe WL is just the kind of place that liberates money from the grasp of those who are unworthy of having it.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd say this, but not all of the Kryptons being sold now are underspec Kraptons.

I got a discounted one that was thoroughly tested by Cyparagon and it has a +800mW average over 5 minutes. I've seen it peak as high as 1100mW.

If you can find a used one that's been LPM'ed, it might be a good deal compared to the other high powered greenies currently available.

If a Laser that is being advertised and sold as Continuous
Duty Cycle and does not at least run continuously at 1 Watt...
I consider that Laser as underspec and a total lie.

All they need to do is state the true output of the Laser the
customer pays for. A range of 100mW to 2000mW just won't
cut it... IMO

I heard they both got fired...

It seems CVB is no longer a Mod... but Dan is still a Deputy
Admin...

Jerry

Last edited:
Just welcome the new members and include this
WL warning in the welcome...

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

or put it in your Sig....

Jerry
I got a 30mW green laser from WL about 2 years ago, I think it was an E2??? I ordered it Mon. afternoon and it was at my door Fri. It has worked great since, but now they don't have much to offer anymore. And from what I've been reading about their shipping and the high prices I won't go back.

Don't bite the hand that feeds ya. I'm surprised they asked to advertize here with the anti-WL attitude.

WL is only one of many advertisers on this forum.

But by your logic do you think that google for example Google endorses every single ad that they display...?