Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to make Slip-Rings with antenna tubes?

Hi i saw this Thread a few weeks ago

http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/led-orb-2-0-a-50012.html

but i have a lot of questions, cuz, i dont know how to made this Led Orb, i want it for a mechatronic proyect

but i dont know how to build it at ALL

so if you guys can help me about how to build it step by step

ill appreciate that, i have lots of questions but right now i need to solve this

how can i make those Slip-Ring with antenna tubes? if somebody could help me ill be in debt

THANKS! have a Good Day

Last edited:

An engineer does know how to make something? How often does that happen? :na:

Basically you have a rotating axis, on that rotating axis you will need a metal ring used as a pick up. On the non rotating axis (it may rotate, but relative to the rotating axis it's stationary) you need metal contacts that will hit the metal rings to conduct electricity.

The way I would do it is have multiple small brass rings (similar to washers, but smaller) on the rotating axis, of increasing sizes, making sure they have gaps in between so they do not make contact. Then use something similar to a pin head (non pointy side) to make contact to the brass rings.

Feed power into the pin, which will transfer it to the brass rings then use that for what ever you need.

-Adrian

Last edited: