Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to inflate balloon in a balloon ?

M

MirrorLaser

Like there ???

Attachments

• Picture_34.png
    Picture_34.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,484

Rasel

1. Put one balloon in the other.
2. Blow up and tie off the inside balloon
3. Blow up and tie off the outside balloon

Thing I found out: how to make a bowl out of ice.
1. Put one balloon in the other
2. Blow up and tie off the inside balloon
3. Fill up and tie off the outside balloon with water
4. Freeze
5. Peel off the rubber pieces of balloon

very cool - I like the ice bowl idea!!! I suppose you could use any liquid that will solidify for the same effect...

Y

yew.sir-name

You thinking a double balloon pop? black inside white to see which pops first? suppose it's a way of popping twice as many in half the distance. I'm gonna do it when my senotorch gets here. That reminds me, i need some black balloons.

S

SenKat

When I did the laserglow video with my Aries - I blew up a black balloon inside a red one - the black popped first, but hte red developed a hole - it never actually popped !

xgeek

Cool just ordered myself 3 packs of 50 black balloons. Many thanks for the link.

For good deals on black balloons, stop by a hobby lobby if you have one around you. I picked up a couple 25 packs of 12" black balloons for $2 apiece. And of course there's always the 15 qty. bags of 12" at wal mart for a little under $2

Benm

When I did the laserglow video with my Aries - I blew up a black balloon inside a red one - the black popped first, but hte red developed a hole - it never actually popped !

I just had to try it, but very dissapointing results. I inflated a dark brown balloon inside a white one, and took some shots at it with a red laser.

I actually managed to melt a few little holes right through the inner balloon, but it didnt pop at all, just defalted very slowly. I guess this is because the pressure inside the outer balloon is about equal to that in the inner balloon.

In the end i put a black dot on the white balloon, which popped instantly... leaving the inner balloon sort of intact to slowly deflate.

Things

ya it would be the pressure stopping it fom popping, but nothing much you can do about that! why do people put balloons in balloons anyway???

Ashton

Tip: if you want blakc baloons, go to the dollar store and look for "over the hill" party supplies. These baloons are black and if you turn them backwards nobody can tell they say "over the hill" lol

Y

yew.sir-name

I just tried a yellow inside a black, gave up on trying to pop the yellow so cut my vid short.

Attachments

• balloon.wmv
    926.6 KB · Views: 72
i love how the yellow balloon like bursts out and just flies into the camera.

The black in the white/clear baloon came about as a medical laser demonstration to show people how they could do very selective treatments, like in eye-surgery to show people how the laser wouldn't cook their corneas, the lens, or the vitreous humor, but would cook/cut/burn the offending matter back in the retina.

So they'd take a clear balloon with a black balloon inside it and pop the black balloon leaving the clear one unscathed because of it's higher absorption of the laser energy, giving the audience a very quick and visceral understanding of what lasers could do and how less invasive certain procedures were than traditional scalpel procedures. (They didn't have to cut the clear balloon to get the black one, etc.)

Some of the things that will help will be getting a large clear balloon and blowing it up as tautly as possible so it's stretched as thin as possible and won't diffuse the laser too much. Then use a smaller black ballloon so it can be inflated tautly so it will pop well when lased. If you're using two balloons of the same size they will pressurize each other to a greater degree, and the black one on the inside will have to be quite underinflated to fit. And the underinflation will cause it to leak, not pop.