Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to fix a broken green laser?

Hello to all of you, i'm not a expert about lasers but few years ago i bought one green laser during a travel.
The problem is that i don't know how to explain wich part came off from the frontal part of the laser :oops::banghead:.
Now i have 2 small cylinders that came off and i'm not able to re align it.
The light than come out now it's a really thin red light but it looks very hard to find the right position for those small cylinders that make is green and powerfull.
Can someone help me? Is there a place in Europe where can i send it to be fixed?
Thanks for any help you will give me!
:

Sounds like the crystal part of your laser fell off..
So the red light you see is IR or (infrared) light, be very careful when looking at the laser because inferred light is very dangerous. I would say your laser is Garbage..
green lasers are not that expensive anymore, i would just go to ebay and get a new one..

IsaacT

Pics will make a world of difference in helping us help you. When I see some pics I will chime in and offer my advice. Depending on the quality of your laser, that advice might be trash it. Or buy a new one and experiment with the old one.

@ i73770k hey bit off topic much, but google chrome it trying to tell me there is a malware link in this thread, i Narrowed it down to the link in your Signature "CPU-Z" thingy, im not worried bout it at all just thought i would give you a heads up

Your green laser is a complex electronic and optical device. It's unlikely that you have access to the equipment that you would need to safely repair and realign it. Chances are you have one of those cheaply made (and dangerous IMHO) ones that have flooded the market lately. Take it back to your dealer for replacement.