Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to enable PM in the new forum. READ EVERYONE (stick please)

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

How to enable PM in the new forum. READ EVERYONE

By default, vbulletin only allow users to store 50 PMs, but since we all use PMs too much the limit for this forum has been deleted BUT, for the system to recognize the change you first need to delete PM's until the total amount is below 50.

When you have 49 PMs or less, then the limit will be changed to 8000~ and you will be allowed to send and recive PM's again. Keep in mind that if after doing that the person you are trying to send the Pm have not done this you will get an error message anyway. If you do not recive any error message then it has been sent. Now, your message does not appear as sent? Keep reading

Keep in mind that by default your sent messages are not being stored in the sent box (but they are being send ofc), you need to active that on every Pm you send by using the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." (below the writting box) OR go your profile-> edit options-> "When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder. Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default".

Yours,
Albert

Last edited by a moderator:

I didint had to delete any!
Folder Controls Inbox contains 198 messages.
You have 334 messages stored, of a total 8,092 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Same for me as well. What I have noticed is I had to edit options to have an email sent letting me know I got a PM. The old forum sent an email letting you know that you got a PM by default.

I had no restriction either, and I had 150 PMs in my box at the time of conversion.

I had well over 50 but the limit for me is saying ~8000 and I've been sending PM's fine!

I think this is a glitch just with you...

D

Deleted member 8382

Well, many people contacted me saying thanks for the info so it was not only mine problem. If you don't had the PM restriction better for you :p