Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to condensed the laser

Excuse me,
I have some question.
Now,I do the research and must to point the laser on microscope.

this pic show my experiment.
show.php
[/url] Thanks: ฝากรูป[/IMG]

that has pen laser (405nm 5mW laser) reflex by acrylic slide (45ํ) and up to microscope.

I have pic from microscpoe.
show.php
[/url] Thanks: ฝากรูป[/IMG]

laser has 2-3 points on pic I don't know to condensed or remove the ohter points because I want to have only one point.

Thank you so much for answer :yh:

Excuse me,
I have some question.
Now,I do the research and must to point the laser on microscope.

this pic show my experiment.

that has pen laser (405nm 5mW laser) reflex by acrylic slide (45ํ) and up to microscope.

I have pic from microscpoe.

laser has 2-3 points on pic I don't know to condensed or remove the ohter points because I want to have only one point.

Thank you so much for answer

Any new members that need help getting answers
to their questions can contact/PM member Eudaimonium here..

PM Eudaimonium

He has graciously offered to answer ALL questions
from new members...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Please tell me you're not looking into a laser through a microscope. Surely you must realize that's a pretty bad idea.

Using a microscope slide as a 'mirror', you will get second reflection from the rear surface and all sorts of internal relections.

You'd be better using a front surface mirror and then through a ND filter to control the brightness.

ATB

This scared me too. Lets magnify the brightness right into our retinas : D
(actually looks like its filtered with the correct Laser shades), but still, please, please be careful. No need to be the next statistic to eye injury. I would feel so bad no doubt.

Thank you for all ans.
I wacth the pic from microscope through a digital camera eyepiece that be safe for my eye.
And I use a acrylic slide to reflex because under this position is a lamp that must be opened when wacht the object, the material for reflex must transparent.

How can I solve the problem?.

Applogize for bad english.:D

the material for reflex must transparent.

Are you sure you know what a reflection IS? How many mirrors at your house are transparent? If you answer anything besides zero, you were not looking at a mirror.

Are you sure you know what a reflection IS? How many mirrors at your house are transparent? If you answer anything besides zero, you were not looking at a mirror.

He was actually spot on with what he described as needing and it is quite easy to tell exactly what he needs based on the picture. He clearly needs a semitransparent mirror which is a mirror and is partially transparent at the same time to allow the main light source to mostly pass through and to allow a small amount of the 405nm light to be bounced along with the main source.

It is sometimes better to keep rude responses to one's self because they often just make you look asinine.

I do not know any sources off the top of my head but doing some searching for "semitransparent mirror" may find you what you need. I also have to admit that the use of a laser as a coherent light source is a great idea and I wish I would have thought of it.

@lasersbee
yutroll XD

Last edited:
That's just his personality, I don't think he's trying to offend.

@ Cyparagon
It might be helpful to put a disclaimer in your sig :p

@ Kartracer00
Could the issue be as easily solved as putting a pinhole in a piece of black paper or plastic and shining the laser through that?

Well, his issue if from the internal reflections on the slide he is using as a mirror. A pinhole could clean the laser up after the mirror but it would also block out most of the light coming from the main source below the slide.

Any new members that need help getting answers
to their questions can contact/PM member Eudaimonium here..

PM Eudaimonium

He has graciously offered to answer ALL questions
from new members...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Truth be told, this actually is more constructive and helpful than anything you've posted in quite a while.

:na:

Related to the topic, yeah, the weird pattern produced is definitely from multiple reflections from within the acrylic element.

I would suggest using a Front-Surface mirror to reflect laser beams.