Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean my executive pro?

How can I clean it? It looks impossible to even get my microfiber cloth in there since it's too thick. Any other ways?

I have the same exact problem!

I hope maybe somebody will post something easier..

BUT! What I do to clean it is rip the cotton off a Q-tip, and i shove it in the hole with a tooth pic. I then break the tooth pic in half and "VERY" and i cant stress this enough.... "VERY" gently twist it in the cap a few times. Then i pull the cotton out with some tweezers.

You can even lightly spray the cotton with some lens cleaning spray.

If you want you can even purchase a lens cleaning kit from ebay.

I personally purchased a cleaning pen with a brush on it.

I hear they work good and ill let you know once i get it.

Please be very careful with your lens, because if you scratch it...... well you wont be happy.

Hope I helped!

Jeff

I have the same exact problem!

I hope maybe somebody will post something easier..

BUT! What I do to clean it is rip the cotton off a Q-tip, and i shove it in the hole with a tooth pic. I then break the tooth pic in half and "VERY" and i cant stress this enough.... "VERY" gently twist it in the cap a few times. Then i pull the cotton out with some tweezers.

You can even lightly spray the cotton with some lens cleaning spray.

If you want you can even purchase a lens cleaning kit from ebay.

I personally purchased a cleaning pen with a brush on it.

I hear they work good and ill let you know once i get it.

Please be very careful with your lens, because if you scratch it...... well you wont be happy.

Hope I helped!

Jeff

This is GREAT advice... I also suggest you get a lens pen.

The most effective methods I know of:

1. Lens Pen (google it)
2. Compressed air can / rubber squeeze blower thing
3. ~90% Isopropyl Alcohol and clean cotton swab

For method 3, use each side of the swab only once, making only one pass over the lens.
Use a minimal amount of alcohol and do this in warm conditions so that the alcohol will evaporate quickly and leave a minimal amount of residue.
Remove excess cotton from the swab if necessary.

Use caution with compressed air because dirt hitting your lens can wear away the protective lens coatings if i am correct and they are on the outside.

I would only reccomend using liquid cleaners as a last resort if cleaning because if you get finger oils mixed with the cleaner. Usually it leaves streeks on te lens leaving it dirtier than it was.

But make sure you use caution with any method of cleaning lenses.