Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean Lazerer LZCS 532nm 50mW lens?

I recently bought a LZCS 532nm 50mw laser from Lazerer. After a few days passed I noticed that quite a bit of scatter was now visable around the dot. It was not like this before. I tried blowing on it but that didn't help. Then I tired using twisted up kleenex and then toilet paper to no avail. I also tried using a little syringe thingy (normally used to rinse out the hole from removed wisdom teeth) to blow air into the aperture. I feel like after all these efforts, it may actually be worse. It is essentially a dot surronded by a giant grainy circle.

I read that different cleaning methods can damage some lenses depending what type they are or what coatings they have. I need to know how to properly clean the type of lens present within this particular laser. I hope that I haven't already damaged it. I did not use a q tip with alcohol specifically because I read that some lenses could be damaged as a result. Also, is it possible that condensation formed on the other side of the lens as a result of me blowing on it?

I really just want to get rid of the scatter because it is driving me up the wall. Thanks for the help!

Is there any store where I can buy those things? I live in a good sized city. I would rather not order them online because I am kind of overly worried about this and want to clean it asap.

Camera Store or PC Supply. It shouldn't be difficult to locate.
If you visit a few and they don't have a lens clearing pen or can of compressed air shoot me a PM. Don't use toilet paper never know who might have done what before you.

Do you own a flat screen TV? Then you should have a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen. Check the inside of the instruction manual that's where i keep it. This works well but you may not reach the entire surface of your lens..

Yeah I have been all over the forum looking at related posts and I saw someone used toilet paper. I used the syringe thingy instead of a proper compressed air.

Is there any chance that the things I have done so far have damaged the lens? And is there any merit to the condensation from blowing? I know I sound super paranoid but I spent $50 on this laser, which is alot in my situation.

I will look into buying the air and lenspen. Also, will it hurt if I continue to operate the laser in the meantime? Like it won't burn the crap currently on the lens and make it harder to get off? Because I still really like this laser and it is hard to put it down.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I have been all over the forum looking at related posts and I saw someone used toilet paper. I used the syringe thingy instead of a proper compressed air.

Is there any chance that the things I have done so far have damaged the lens? And is there any merit to the condensation from blowing? I know I sound super paranoid but I spent $50 on this laser, which is alot in my situation.

I will look into buying the air and lenspen. Also, will it hurt if I continue to operate the laser in the meantime? Like it won't burn the crap currently on the lens and make it harder to get off? Because I still really like this laser and it is hard to put it down.

Thanks for the help.

A drop of 90% plus isopropyl alcohol on a tiny bit of lens cleaning cloth... wipe gently, and you're done. Both can be had for at just about any pharmacy for a few bucks.

It is possible you damaged the lens if you used toilet paper... there can be abrasive particles in toilet paper/paper towels.

There is merit to moisture from your breath... if you blow on a lens your saliva will end up on it. (I sometimes do it with cheaper lasers for fun... creates a kind of halo effect:p)

At 50mW it's not likely you'll burn anything onto the lens, but it's always better to err on the side of caution.

Hey belmaktor,

You can get compressed air at Bestbuy under brandname, Falcon.

You can get a lens brush here. Amazon has quick shipping. Or... you can try Bestbuy as well, not 100% sure they have it though.

I can't recommend the lens pen enough!
I have been using them on my DSLR cameras for while now and I just cleaned the lens assembly on my S3 Arctic If you pull it apart to get at the lens use Dr gloves they are cheap at Rite-aide or Walgreen's, and they will keep you from getting finger prints all over your lens! :oops:

Hey belmaktor,

You can get compressed air at Bestbuy under brandname, Falcon.

You can get a lens brush here. Amazon has quick shipping. Or... you can try Bestbuy as well, not 100% sure they have it though.

My bestbuy here in Utah has Lens pens near the DSLR Cameras.

Last edited:
I managed to get the lens clean to a tolerable level with a camera lens cleaning sheet that I found with an old camera I had forgotten about but I still want to buy a lens pen. Is the lens pen that Ryanrenesis recommended small enough it fit into the tiny aperture hole?