Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How powerful could my 405nm be?

Hey there. I got a 405nm pointer off of the old eBay and as expected it is grossly overspec'd. I noticed this when I nearly burned myself when shining the laser at my moustache. However, it's a tad more powerful than I initially expected - I was surprised to find I could see the beam in twilight. Now I know everyone perceives 405nm differently but how powerful do you think it could be? Surely it's not that overpowered?

ARG

I've seen 5mW ebay pens as high as 100mW.

For the 405nm pens most are typically around 40-60mW, not even close to 5mW.

Ib8k83p.png

Last edited:

AnthoT

Yeah they can be quite overpowered. Keep it away from your face for sure :p It can likely blind you

I just bought 10 eBay pens from a seller i knew from previous sales sold me units that where no less than 45 mW violet and the best was 101 mW so ARG has it perfect we may not like the look of eBay pens compared to the better hosts but power wise they usually are excellent value and ive yet to have had a failure yet ...makes you wonder at the joke the customs try to enforce and the real danger to ppl who don't know what they are ‼ playing with ‼

Send me a PM i give you a link not sure if we are supposed to do that but just to be sure

What would the seller's name be? ^

laida-eb or something. Chinese seller, bought as a pack of three, though you might want to avoid doing that as the red one seems to actually be 5mW unfortunately and the green one takes like 90 seconds to warm up and mode-hops like anyone's business.

Or green ones can also flicker and die out after a few seconds... classic eBay quality