Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How is this done?

HIMNL9

As your link say ..... they are projected on a caoutchou thin foil, that look almost transparent, but interferring with the beam, acts as a projection screen.

You can do the same with a pvc foil well distended on a frame, but is more easy to extend a caoutchou foil, due to his extreme elasticity, so it looks almost invisible in the darkness.

BTW, don't let the showman see you around his screen with a nail ..... it pop like a balloon, if punctured with something sharp, and this can turn the owner really mad ..... j/k :D

HIMNL9

Uhm, if it's something made like woman socks, thin as a veil and not colored, it can be, otherwise it may interfer too much with the rear objects seeing ..... as you see, it looks almost invisible, for be a cloth ..... or maybe, those marriage veils, too .....

I've seen a similar effect made for a party, at open, using a water screen (sprayers that made a "cloud" of nebulized water, large and high 3 or 4 meters, and thick 10 or 20 cm), using 2 scanners for projection, playing with independent images ..... was wonderful, but require absolutely no wind, and can be used only outdoor (imagine do it inside a room ..... water everywhere, LOL)

VW

Ah, I see, I thought it would have been something like that. Although, I never knew you could get materials so thin and fragile that were perfect for this kind of thing, it's the first time I've came across it.

You can also use scrim for this effect.. scrim is a fine netting used in stage and set design as a nearly transparent projection screen.

cool, i came across this vid just the other day and was wondering how this was done :D

glow

kinda bright....even the youtube vid blinds me ...

the beginning was awesome..after it it was like a bad movie..this animation then this then this...

info of the vid: 1000mW Laser RGB @ caoutchouc foil show

so its definitely done by using a foil