Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How I metered 609nm exclusively

A video showing the setup that worked, and the two prior that did not.

This is a lot less professional from my last videos that tended to be more technical. I was tired and wanted to go to bed, so this isn't too in depth.

However, again, if you have any questions, feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer them, take pictures, video, or whatever you requested.

Thanks!

Enjoy :)

This is the only tube of that I know period that does 609 at all.

It's a line barely even mentioned anywhere outside of two graphs. I own one of the books with one of those graphs.

Beyond that, nothing.

This is why I've put so much work into it :)

Impressive :beer: I'm still eyeing a 612nm HeNe like it's the god of HeNe's :p

Yeah almost bought one... but they aren't really produced anymore. And the few that are left cost a pretty penny

There's a 5mW 612nm doing 594 and 604 on the FAQ for $825.

Been eyeballing it for a few months, but have other experiments that need those funds.

I'm spoiled, so it's like a normal line for me.

Wish I couldn't say that, kinda.

All that being said, I will be recording the "proof in the pudding" once I get it all realigned.

Something that should be noted. Since any outside white-light will contaminate the readings, as the red will ping the meter, lighting will be with an outside monochromatic laser source. So it will look ugly, but for those that wanted to see the proof, it's what I've got :p

Or I could try using a flashlight and a shield to block the light. We'll see what I can throw together.

There will be a lot of down time. 90% of my night last night was sitting and and glancing to check if the line was in. I missed it about half a dozen times as it vanished in the time it took me to shut everything down, plug in the meter, and run max power to the PCM. Didn't want to burn it out, and I didn't want to sit in darkness. The struggle.

So be ready for another video update to this thread later tonight :)

Here it is, video one.

I developed a state of the art method of blocking the light from my phone. Custom orders will be dealt with as they come in.

Enjoy! I'll be sitting on my arse waiting for the 609 to come in, then I'll shut everything down, plug in the meter, and film away.

The line is very unstable in the early hour or so of run time, then it picks up and stabilizes after that.

EDIT: Gah! Hit post without the video even being uploaded! Come back in 15!

Last edited:

New tests resulted in 610nm. I will not stand for this. This results does not fit our current theories, and is far left field from all the other results. A fine calibration, and slit narrowing will need to happen before a reattack is performed.

The meter dipping down, and back up, are from me blocking the laser. Showing the results are from the laser, and the laser alone.

I apparently had my finger blocking the microphone on my phone the whole time... However, later on when you see me meter at 603.0-603.1, that was me testing for the 604.6nm to show it is still running 1.5nm short, and not 2nm or more. These results are very concerning to say the least.

Any questions, post away, and I will answer them all for you :)

Last edited: