Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do you store/protect your lasers?

jdawg

So after my past purchases I have about seven real lasers now... I'm looking for some way to store them (and protect). Something like this: http://www.image-tmart.com/images/E...o-Flashlight-Green-Laser-Pointer-Black-02.jpg

A simple google search of "aluminum case with foam" custom made can cost like 40+, which in my opinion is a little pricey for a box. Now I'm looking for alternatives

I found this on eBay, looks like its for a tattoo machine but I think it would work with storing lasers too :p Aluminum Single Tattoo Machine Case Egg Shell Foam Carrying Box Supply Travel | eBay

Or I could buy some foam at home depot and find a random box and pad it?

How did everyone else on this forum get their cases?

Thanks for reading!:D:D

The tattoo case doesn't say how big it is, it may be smaller than you think but it looks good. I think most people use some camera case like the one in your first picture. At least a couple of people just used some box they put foam in. If your really on a budget I would go to someplace like Walmart and buy some plastic storage box and put foam in it. If you want the best case possible then save your money and get a Pelican case. http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/pelican-storm-case-im2200-pic-heavy-90406.html

Alan

I have a few handgun cases like the one pictured below I generally use, there's a larger version of this case also made to carry 2 guns if you need more space ;)

laserscase02.jpg

:beer:

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. There are metal ones, hard plastic ones, and If you want something less portable, there are many kinds of glass display stands you could pick up. I personally like the plastic cases for their durability. Some of the plastic ones even have an o-ring on the inside so you can go swimming with your lasers in the case, who doesn't want that?
If you are planning on storing all your lasers in one case, then you will need something a bit larger then a small case.

How good of a quality are you looking for?
Do you want plastic or metal?
How many things will be stored inside? How many more?

I would probably use amazon, or even try looking at an airsoft store, they will often have larger durable cases for guns.

I put each one into a pair of socks in my top dresser drawer. Can't get much more "budget" than that.

I have bought small safes from Meijer at $19 each. I line them with micro fiber towels and the work great....they also lock and have fire protection.

IMG_20140925_144547_639.jpg

sinner

So after my past purchases I have about seven real lasers now...

Not very often i see a new member that already has 7 real lasers, you are an inspiration my friend. We would very much like to see your lasers (in action preferably :D)

Thanks.

Starlight that case is niiiiiice! You mind posting a picture of it open?

...forgot to mention in my post above mine were also plastic, around $10 from any typical sporting goods store

I store all mine in their boxes, on top of a shelf right next to where I spend most of my day :)

-Alex

I actually squeezed all of mine into the case that my laserbtb PL laser came in. It's quite an oversized case and once you do some savvy cuts into the foam it managed to fit my entire collection. My PL, my HL, three NewWish pens, one laserbtb pen and a Rigel. I have a photo somewhere, it's not the tidiest thing but it does the job and keeps them safe from knocks and bumps.

jdawg

I'll probably visit my local Walmart one of these days and just look around. At worse, I'll just buy something like: Aluminum Hard Case XIT Carry on Compatible | eBay

4 inches seem a little thick. How does 12 3/8 x 9 5/8 x 4 1/2 in. sound for storing 7 lasers, glasses, batteries, and maybe a charger?

My nitecore charger probably will take up too much room..

Also use the two of the gun cases above and a floor safe that was bolted to the floor but haven't found a place to bolt it in my house yet.

Starlight that case is niiiiiice! You mind posting a picture of it open?

...forgot to mention in my post above mine were also plastic, around $10 from any typical sporting goods store

I have one of the cases you posted but it holds a Rode shotgun microphone for my video camera nice case. Couple pictures of the safes you can find anywhere. You should be able to tell the size from the lasers. the Crown Royal bags are used for attachments for my beam expanders and batteries. Boxes in front hold diffraction gratings prisms and such.

IMG_20140925_205706_553.jpg