Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do i get the laser assembly out of the casing?

Yeah, basically i want to potmod, and i cant for the life of me get the laser assembly out of the case. The cap came off easy, but yeah... FOr all its worth, i got this: Green Laser Pointer 30mw Astronomy and Military Grade

We would need a link to the Co. & a Part # or Model # in order for us to be able to help you, if we can. The info. that you provided is insufficient for us to render any assistance.
rob

FYI pot modding does not work... it does until a point but even then you have already diminished the lifespan of the laser considerably.

If you are willing to part with this laser if something happens, then by all means.

The module is glued in by industrial epoxy/glue, its not going to be easy. In some lasers the module is press fit into the host so you will probably not get it out. The common technique is to get a piece of leather and wrap that around the host and hold that with a pair of vice grips (click of pic) then use a pair of pliers to wiggle the module out. Please note you can deform the host like this, that is why the leather is needed, but this will not prevent damage to the host, just reduce the risk.

-Adrian

Trepper --

How much current is the laser module drawing before any mod attempts? It's likely around 280 mA. Have you bothered to measure this basic condition? You need this before making "mod" attempts. What meter are you using?

HMike