Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I align this?

Lifting up on the OC results in >50% visible increase in output, telling me that this laser is out
of alignment. I think someone stepped on the OC and bent it downwards since the last time I
ran it. I'm afraid of getting into it until I have a better idea of what needs to be done. :undecided:

attachment.php
attachment.php

:anyone:

Attachments

• Ion Laser-0.jpg
    Ion Laser-0.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Ion Laser-1.jpg
    Ion Laser-1.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 323

Without knowing whether this is a brewster laser, or not, I would tighten those top two screws.

However, without confirming whether it has a B window or not, I wouldn't recommend this.

I don't have any experience with these lasers, so I am not certain. Perhaps MarioMaster could chime in here.

From Sam:

Sam said:
"While I haven't yet to fire mine up, I've examined it and believe the
adjustments for X and Y are accessible via a pair of holes on the mounts,
using a 5/32" hex wrench.

The visible screws hold it together. The adjustments are recessed
behind a pair of small holes at each end."

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. I can clearly see the adjustment screws now. X is in the hole under the right B in the
picture and the Y is in another similar hole directly underneath the aperture and cannot be seen in the
picture. It's too late to do it now, maybe tomorrow?

:thanks:

Just some advice that I had to learn the hard way.

One axis at a time. X, or Y. Don't do both. Don't turn something without knowing where you started also. Not following either of those rules can give you an unaligned boat anchor in return.

I have an Omni 532 here for proof of that fact.

You've been warned.

Okay, thanks to your help I have successfully aligned my laser.

I went ahead and did a video.

Thanks again for all your help. :thanks:

Video looks good, glad it all worked out for you :)

Something I'd like to add, a lot of heads are different per manufacturer. For instance, none of my lasers use he screws that need allen wrenched. Mine have a larger 3/8" - 7/16" (ish) bolt that gets turned by a screwdriver.

I also don't recommend walking the mirrors like that. Though perhaps I've been doing it wrong this whole time ... I was taught to walk one sides X until you see max, then the other sides X, then back and forth, etc. Then Y. Though this begs the question: Have I been doing it wrong this whole time??