Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did I not know about this?

Hey guys,
For my first post I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Matt and I'm currently stationed in NC. I can't wait to start my first build! As much as I want to start with a 1+ watt blue laser I will leave that as a distant goal until I am more experienced. I'm not going to ask any questions yet because I know I have a ton of research to do but I'm sure Ill be back needing help :)
I'm still in shock at how powerful handheld laser pointers have become and I'm glad to of found a forum with so much information.
Can't wait to start!!!!!!

welcome and glad to see you are going to do research before asking questions. the search bar at the bottom of the page is your friend!

Welcome Sir, looking forward to some awesome builds :beer:

~ LB

IsaacT

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Not enough happens on here to warrant my checking the forum almost every half hour. But I do. So I might as well help new guys when there are no threads to be read.

Pman

Welcome and nice to see someone looking before leaping;)

Welcome, Chaotic. Your capacity for learning here is virtually unlimited. Like WBS said, feel free to drop me a line, should you need any help.

Where in NC are you? My daughter just moved to Wilmington.

WELCOME--

You are in for some surpizes -- You just happen to be living VERY close to one the biggest and best Laser Meets in the world- Its known as SELEM- South Eastern Laser Enthausists Meeting. For you, attenending is a NO BRAINER.

IT begins Thursday Morning Aug 15th when the load-in and set-up begins
and the laser shows stop around Sunday 5PM, we break down and load out all the gear.

SELEM is the biggest and best LEM IMO.
I have been to every one since 2010.
Drive time each way is ~17 hrs.

ATM I do not have time to explain and tell you about everything that happens there.

I will let you do some searches and read all about it.

There are lots of videos on YouTube-search SELEM Lasers.

And google will take you to where you need to go.

Of all the LEMs around the world SELEM is very likely the biggest and best.

I cannot put any links here to the forum where LEMs are based.
BUT if you send a GMail to hakzaw1- I can do that for you.
You only have a few weeks to make the deadline for sending your 60$ and size of monogrammed event polo shirt for you.

Serach this forum and google SELEM too- see vids from past events.

SEE you in Newton!!

Hak (aka Len)

PS

add your location in your personal profile asap. You have many friends close to you.

Welcome, Chaotic. Your capacity for learning here is virtually unlimited. Like WBS said, feel free to drop me a line, should you need any help.

Where in NC are you? My daughter just moved to Wilmington.

Thank you.
I'm currently Stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, Goldsboro. Wilmington isn't to far away.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to learning more about lasers!!!!

Do you think you can get by the SELEM event near Newton??

Even if it were just for one day or so you will have a great time..

Most who go to one return every year after if they possibly can...
.I have already started making plans to attend.. in 2014.

hope to see you in Newton~ Aug 16th-- PM me if you want more info or my cell number-- I will be here from Thursday morning until Monday nite. hak