Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How could a U.S citizen obtain a laser pointer >5mw?

Mayfly

I'm trying to give one to my little brother for Christmas.
Bonus points if you can get a green laser >10mw for >50$

Mayfly

well now that i did some more research a 10$ overspeced 5mw pointer could be up to 50mw on eBay.

What !! So your trying to get a 10mW for $50 if am correct ! :pop:

What's so entertaining about that to you?

Although a 5 second Google search would have answered the ops question along with the giant list of laser pointer companies of every color listed above each page on LPF, I don't see why a greater than 10mW 532 for less than 50$ is so exciting for you.

To the OP- try to find such an easily found answer before you make a thread please. There are literally dozens of stickies and links all over this forum that would answer this for you.

Last edited:
I'm trying to give one to my little brother for Christmas.
Bonus points if you can get a green laser >10mw for >50$

How old is your little brother?
How old are you?
Bonus Points if you can tell us what safety glasses you have?

laser 303 on ebay is around 200mw

Exactly and is why this is an unecessary thread. Please do some searching before you make an entire thread. It's no wonder the troll word has already been brought up.

Last edited:
Hmmm..... looking at this from his profile, I may have sniffed wrongly:

Current Activity: Viewing Thread XX-Laser 303 = big piece of shit

How old is your little brother?
How old are you?
Bonus Points if you can tell us what safety glasses you have?

That's what I was thinking too.
Little brother, potentially crippling hand held gift, sigh, I too think troll as Alaskan said, at least I hope this is a troll and not another uninformed mentally challenged individual doing the equivalent of sticking his finger in a blender to see what it might feel like. Worse yet he's buying his little brother a blender to stick his metaphoric fingers into, actually I would rather have a shortened finger than a blinded eye.

Last edited:

Mayfly

Well I guess I'll get him a cheap laser :\ I was just trying to get him a cool gift. He's 8. I always thought the safety thing was a bit exaggerated. I already bought the laser 303. Convince me that i really need goggles.

Well I guess I'll get him a cheap laser :\ I was just trying to get him a cool gift. He's 8. I always thought the safety thing was a bit exaggerated. I already bought the laser 303. Convince me that i really need goggles.

You do know that you have a natural lens in the front of your eye, don't you?

Did you know that most all of your detailed vision is generated from a tiny spot called the fovea where your center of vision is?

Have you ever held a magnifying glass on a sunny day and burned something on the ground?
You would not hold that magnifying glass to the sun and look into it would you?

If you shine that green laser onto the ground on a sunny day you can still see the dot, that's because it's energy density is higher than the sun per that area.

Well with a laser the focused energy density is very concentrated into a small spot, if it were to enter your eye at arms reach it could easily destroy your most detailed vision in an instant and medical science has not yet perfected stem cell therapy to the point where anyone can readily benefit from it, meaning your little brother could blind himself with your "gift".

It's not a joke, the amount of concentrated energy is much more dangerous to your retina that it looks shown onto the ground.

Last edited: