Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Houston Aixiz brick and mortar store?

I remember reading about a Aixiz brick and mortar store in Houston. I can't find the post anywhere though, and I've tried googling for it to no avail.

Does anyone have any information on it or did it never exist?

ARG

Ask Hakzaw, he would know :)

Last edited:
yeah it was short-lived

Located in Pasedena just East of Houston. it closed before I ever got the chance to visit.

AFAIK Dr Chuck opened it right after AixiZ expanded their offerings to include LED lights for tricking out MCs and cars/trucks etc.( they all ride Harleys or Buells)

These are still offered at FeeBay, Scamazon and at the home site aixiz.com < the ONLY place to make you order-btw

- window shop at those two but buy direct- if you have the part numbers and CCard in hand you can call in your order toll free at 1 888 4 aixiz1 Most times i call (CST) Chuck will answer- be sure to tell him you know me and hopefully they will not hold that against you.

If a lady answers is very likely the Ms 'AixiZ' Xia or maybe thier daughter Zi-- quiz time- where did the name 'AixiZ' come from?? It pronounced 'ache- zizz'-btw

There is no longer a 'store' -

As far as 'vendors' go the folks at AixiZ are our best friends- they have always wanted to cater to the 'little' people- their pricing is based more on larger volume - this keeps the prices low and that also has an effect of the competition--

I asked Chuck one day if it bothered him that AixiZ modules are sold by many who call them aixis axis axiz and so on- his reply was that he felt it was flatering and was fine with all that.. he , however, drew the line there and is not too happy at all with those who copy and steal his pics of products --they copypasta his spec sheets and descriptions and some of the items are gotten by other China vendors from the places where AixiZ had these item custom made-- This may account for some 'axis' modules that were not quite all the same- very likly ones that did not pass QC for sending them to Houston-

I found this to be interesting too. When the first of the AixiZ blank modules were made (in small amounts I am guessing ) it was Andrew aka Dr Lava who contacted Chuck and asked about having these made is mass quantities so he could get them cheap enough to re-sell at a profit. This was told to me by Dr Lava after I offered him a chance to get some with the new glass lenses for 445 diodes- we both had a good laugh about that when we met at SELEM 2010-

FYI Chuck has a PHD in mostly the medical laser field and holds several patents.

He is VERY active in The Coast Guard and it is a true honor to call him my friend.

AixiZ is a Corporate Level sponsor of ILDA and IIRC the only sponsor of Laserpointersafety.org

AixiZ sends more door prizes to the SELEM event than any other company and JUST one of those items since 2011 has been a Pangolin QS. (list price is $600)..he donated one also to the first TEXLEM.

So give thought to AixiZ before you place an order with another vendor- most of the money stays in the USA. and anyone can tell you that, as most of the items are made in China, and labor etc costs are much lower there, it is no wonder than some times from China vendors can be gotten cheaper BUT you will wait long time.
AND the AixiZ customer service is the best.

IF you have NO know-how on building AixiZ is a very good place to buy PARTS- BUT they cannot and should not try to give step by step instruction on building-

that would not be such a good thing-

there is just too much one needs to know BEFORE buying parts. I am well aware of all this as for the last few years some customer support on this has been handled by me.on such things.

I , too, do not pretend to have all the answers and only send these folks here to LPF as i never know how much these buyers know or do NOT know. Some do not like how i handle them= they want to build and burn NOW!!

forget all that ESD and soldering stuff-

KipKay sez its 1 2 3 easy - and they end in fail almost every time.

most write that AixiZ MUST have sent faulty items as when they attached a battery to a bare diode it lit up then DIED-
my oh my
shame on AixiZ

they sometimes get a free replacement and guess what?? MORE faulty parts AGAIN as they repeat the same steps and somehow expect a different result.

DUH?!

So for my not-so hard work I get to test new items- and get much of the returns to toy with at home- best job I never had!

If you have items you would like to see offered by AixiZ send me a list.

already on the list is

galvo scanner sets (working on that ATM)

enclosures/cases for PJs

bare green diodes

Green diode modules

Red mitsub diodes (638)

LSX & their LaserCam(may not be able to do that one)

Scan fail

E-stop kits

and entry level laser show projectors.

sales have been down 20% two years in a row-
you can help by shopping AixiZ.

AND if you do not know what you are doing study here THEN buy parts from AixiZ.

NOT the other way around.
:thanks:
hak
:wave:

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread too much, but unfortunately, AixiZ doesn't stock the most important ingredients for laser DIYers! It doesn't stock the popular drivers and it doesn't stock/or charges to much for the popular diodes. This is probably why sales are dying down.

Last edited:

ARG

Back in the day the only way to get a module was an Aixiz brand one, or have one custom machines that was expensive.

Now that people have gotten China to CNC them by the thousands there's more places to source a module.

I think AiXiZ's target market goes beyond the hobbyist though.

SORRY for the NECRO- but this needs to be said

I have worked closely with AixiZ for 6+ years--- I have continuely asked for suggested items for AixiZ to stock and have nener failed to delivery these requests-

I would hope all can understand thr cost of doing biz form Hpouston V China-
and that AixiZ pays more for the best - and the shipping is more- AixiZ China to Tex then to buyer
China ships to buyers- and internal shipping is small-

also many of the bare diodes AixiZ sell have been listed for YEARS at that price - and at one time it was THE price- they are now NOS_ the prices HAVE dropped but Chuck is wanting to keep the loss to a minimum and they are there FS to NON_FORUM buyers
so do not take any high prices -personally as that is NOT how it is..they wont spoil and anyone who is savvy knows to NOT but those items from AixiZ--

new items are always well-priced IMHO--

Companies like O-like-- Techhood-laserlands etc- we 'think' may be getting items that didnt pass QC for AixiZ as demonstrated with the 12x 30 O-Like blanks that were poorly made crooked- odd sizes etc -- and there is NO comparison between AixiZ and the china sellers when it comes to after the sale support-- a REAL warranty and NO language barrier- They have a toll free 800 number-

A USA Vet owns AixiZ-
pays lots in taxes
and serves with the US Coast guard Aux. (a Capt and VERY active)

I hope you understand that AixiZ cannot sell drivers that they cannot buy or have made- AixIZ could have had P3 Lava flexmods made years ago but out of respect for Andrew - this was never even considered- aside from it being kinda illegal --and for sure unethical--

FYI

it was Dr Lava who requested 12x30 modules in bulk- He was the first to buy a lot size amount--
now AixiZ gets a two/three month supply 5,000 pcs-at a time (all UNASEMBLED!!)

happy to relay any messages/requests to AxiZ
driving up in the morning to do lunch with Dr Chuck--

hak

end rant