Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Housing for IR multimode diode

Xenom

Hi, i have a IR 808 nm 1 W multimode laser diode without FAC. I have problems to focus it's light into a small dot. I have to focus the beam into the smallest dot possible, but without FAC i cannot do that with conventional lenses.

Does this 9mm diode housing with glass lens for red laser or 808 nm laser [OL9mm] - $7.20 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce housing work for my purpose?

I dont need a beam, but a small dot focused closed to the housing. i'll use this laser for burning/engraving purposes.

Thanks for replies

chefla

It is hard to figure out what you are asking for. The housing is fine, but won't help you in any way to get your multimode diode focused into a dot. IMHO you need FAC for your purpose.

Xenom

It is hard to figure out what you are asking for. The housing is fine, but won't help you in any way to get your multimode diode focused into a dot. IMHO you need FAC for your purpose.

Thanks.
Where i can find a FAC compatible with a 808 nm IR 9 mm laser diode?

You won't find one...

installing a <1mm fiber onto the bar of a diode only done by professionals with a microscope and a steady hand.. and that's open can or c-mount diodes!

Xenom

i know that exists external FAC lenses....

any way a need a method to focus the energy on a small point, not necessary a dot; this laser diode makes a elliptical dot, maybe a line, but if i could collimate this line into a small area i also could have a burn effect...

PS: again sorry for the bad english

i know that exists external FAC lenses....

any way a need a method to focus the energy on a small point, not necessary a dot; this laser diode makes a elliptical dot, maybe a line, but if i could collimate this line into a small area i also could have a burn effect...

PS: again sorry for the bad english

Any external fast axis correction is usually done with cylindrical optics, or anamorphic prisms. Each of those options leaves you with no ordinary diode housing. You could try out one of those 473nm ebay labbies for some pre-aligned anamorphic prisms. They are arranged to focus the pump beam into an optic.. which is not necessarily the same as the beam shaping needed for fine focal point burning.

The pump optics in those 473nm modules are designed to let the pump beam match the gaussian cavity mode as close as possible which requires a good beam quatlity. A good beam quality usually means a small spot size, so the optics from there modules are probably what you are looking for.

Xenom

The pump optics in those 473nm modules are designed to let the pump beam match the gaussian cavity mode as close as possible which requires a good beam quatlity. A good beam quality usually means a small spot size, so the optics from there modules are probably what you are looking for.

thanks but che optic i choose is for IR 9 mm laser diodes. it is the same thing?