Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hosts... The dreaded Hosts...

Alright, I'm new here but you can tell that from my post count of 1 over to the left.

A little about myself, I'm a laser student in college with about 3-6months left (depending if i pass or fail this term hehe) and I'm wanting to get into some recreational Blu-Ray laser pointer making.

My problem is I'm not sure what drivers work, how do I wire it to the button on the host? with what I'm looking at the Lava Driver/what not here: forum post number: 1209532949 I know what they do but is this the one to go with?

Second problem, I'm wanting to use a pen style host (two AAA's preferably 10440 battery's) (not into the cheapness look of flashlights) and have no clue where to go to find a good one at a decent price, it seems almost impossible to find one that is JUST the host and no laser internals (looking for cheapness here by not buying the laser diode part) but it needs to fit an aixiZ module.

If anyone can give me some insight on these two questions it would be greatly appricated.

well, your looking for a leadlight host, and some companys, sell just the host shell of their lasers for a fraction of the original price. if this is your first blu-ray, it may be hard to go straight to such a small host as apen sized leadlight, unless of course your insanely mechanical and good at building, soldering, etc. teh driver that is best for pens in the flexdriver, i think they are out of stock at the moment, but doctor lava is the one who sells them. you also have to decide on which diode to use, (dt diode for lower power, pointers, phr for around 100mws, or 6x for outputs around 180mws) I think you probably want to put a phr or dt diode in the leadlight, do to the lack of room for proper heatsinking. pm for any more info you need!!! too bad, i just had an empty leadlight, but it just got shipped to jake21.