Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host With Key Switch

I was wondering if anybody knew where i could find a decent host for a 1w 445 build. I'm more worried about safety since I have a 2 year old daughter and a son about to be bored and as anyone with kids know, they find a way to get into everything and i cant be home 24/7. I Found 2 host with key switches at rayfoss and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them or could point me in the direction of a manufacturer. Any advice or help is greatly appreaceated since my kids saftey is the only thing prevening me from building or owning any lasers at the time.
Thanks Jonathan Brown

http://www.rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=207

www.rayfoss.com

Last edited:

I'm not seeing good reports from rayfoss. check the companies forum, but laserbtb is pretty decent. review their site and you'll find several units with keys. I'm a father of two, and my lasers are farther away from my kids than the butcher knives.

teach them early the lasers are hands off. if that fails, buy a book on parenting, because you got bigger problems, lol.

JLM

You will need to buy one gun case with keys for your lasers and storage the batteries in another metal case with key too.

As stated above skylasers (laserbtb) has some decent safety features on their lasers.
I use a gun case that I bought from Big-5 sporting goods but you can go to Sports authority, sheels, etc. any sporting goods place that sells guns. If you live in a state like Nevada - wal-mart lol
I suggest a sporting goods store over a gun store because it will most likely be cheaper, mine was $25.

Last edited:
Or they have some nice locking cases at harbor freight tools if you have one near you. Cheap and great build quality.

I Feel So So Dumb For Not Thinking Of That I Actually Have One At My Fathers House Since It's To Big To Move I'll Have To Pop By Walmart And See What They Have Maybe A Fire Safe Or Something...Thanks

Just get a case at harbor freoght. I have one that I carry all my CAD gear in, and it is very nice, comes with pick and pluck foam, and locks. I think it was $20.

Last edited: