Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hooked after buying a "100mw" green laser, wanting advice and saying Hello!!

Stix62

Re: Hooked after buying a "100mw" green laser, wanting advice and saying Hello!!

I think green is supposed to 5 or 6 times 'brighter' as we percieve it than the violet/blue wavelengths so I expect the green would still be slightly brighter.

Re: Hooked after buying a "100mw" green laser, wanting advice and saying Hello!!

Not sure what the deal is with western union and o-like... going to get in touch with them after their holidays.

50mW of green will be MUCH brighter then 100mW of 405nm.

Mostly personal preference. One is water resistant though.

DKS

I went with the LZCS, it just looked like a more solid host. Now to play the waiting game and look for a good set of batteries and a charger to order since I didn't want to risk the quality or the shipping on the UF's

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to get some Laser Safety Glasses, and the search function here can be your best friend; don't forget to read the Stickies.

DKS

Will do, and thanks to InfinitusEquitas for the help on the batts!!!

Will do, and thanks to InfinitusEquitas for the help on the batts!!!

Anytime. You won't regret getting the AW IMR's and having the best batteries does make a huge difference, especially in the long run :)

DKS

And, I just ordered a Power Rock 50mw Green, too. So, I'll be able to compare the two myself. Couldn't resist, I'm weak.

And, I just ordered a Power Rock 50mw Green, too. So, I'll be able to compare the two myself. Couldn't resist, I'm weak.

Your hooked for life now :D

DKS

Well, the first one I ordered finally came in today from Lazerer.com

This one. . .

LZCS532-050-228x228.jpg

And OMG is it brighter than the "100mw" pen!!!! HUGE difference. But it did not come with any keys for the safety lock feature. I don't see on the page where they are an optional accessory, but maybe I missed something.

Strange... does the tailcap have a keylock?

If yes, just contact them, since they probably forgot to include the keys... good thing at least they mailed it in the "on" position.

You can expect about 25% of stated power from Laserpointerpro , stay away from them in the future!!

DKS

Strange... does the tailcap have a keylock?

If yes, just contact them, since they probably forgot to include the keys... good thing at least they mailed it in the "on" position.

Yep, it has the tailcap with the key hole. Like you say, at least it was turned on.

I already sent out a message to them as soon as I opened the box :)

You can expect about 25% of stated power from Laserpointerpro , stay away from them in the future!!

I'm not dissatisfied with LPP, they got it too me quick and it's good quality. Just not nearly as powerful as it should have been. But it's pretty bright for the total price I paid for it.

But this one is MUCH better all the way around. Huge brightness difference between the two.

Can't wait for my Power Rocks to get here for a comparison on them. I now have 3 on the way from them, lol

Yep, it has the tailcap with the key hole. Like you say, at least it was turned on.

I already sent out a message to them as soon as I opened the box :)

I'm guessing you already did this, but doesn't hurt to say it... check all the packaging material, the bubble wrap, tape, etc. If it came in a box, check that there is nothing under the foam inserts.

DKS

I'm guessing you already did this, but doesn't hurt to say it... check all the packaging material, the bubble wrap, tape, etc. If it came in a box, check that there is nothing under the foam inserts.

Yep, did all that before I mailed them. If the button wasn't so easy to push I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. But this one is way to easy to push to risk carrying it loose in a bag or something (not a good idea, anyway, but you get my point. I'd rather have that added safety so it doesn't get against something and burn it out while I'm transporting it if it's not in it's box.